Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flannerys bar dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭

just wondering is flannerys still a good spot too hit on Monday nights when the civil servants get paid ?I rem it used to be a few years ago , isit still the same??:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think the Dublin City forum might get you better answers, OP.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note - moved to Dublin City forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭Aotearoa

it epitomises everything i hate about society and the human race and i say that with the greatest of respect. it is a den of iniquity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

Aotearoa wrote: »
    it epitomises everything i hate about society and the human race and i say that with the greatest of respect. it is a den of iniquity.
    So yeah.....its still the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Dickie10 wrote: »
    just wondering is flannerys still a good spot too hit on Monday nights when the civil servants get paid ?I rem it used to be a few years ago , isit still the same??:)

AFAIK its pretty much packed 7 nights a week.

Although it may not be to everyone's taste..:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Aotearoa wrote: »
    it is a den of iniquity.

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I don't know why it's so popular, I don't hate it, but it seems just like any other pub but packed. Never understood why

Although i hate how they have a woman with a big sign going around selling photo keychains

I heard they were meant to close and go into receivership but were allowed stay open for Aurthurs day as it was a guaranteed money maker that day. Not sure what happened then. I read this in the Metro so i wouldn't trust them...

Dickie10 wrote: »

It wasn't pay day, it was the first day after the week of nights for Gardaí. Monday nights went quiet after a couple of years of cutbacks and finally with the new Garda Rosters being introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Don't know what Flannery's is like these days but 15 years ago on a Friday or Saturday night the place would be wedged wall to wall. I've never seen a pub like it for being full. Should have been closed down years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Don't know what Flannery's is like these days but 15 years ago on a Friday or Saturday night the place would be wedged wall to wall. I've never seen a pub like it for being full. Should have been closed down years ago.

Its still wedged, and now they've bought Tripod!

• Advertisement
Advertisement