Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Wolfhound Missing [found]

Options
  • 18-10-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

1382209_10151651158822186_1539913425_n.jpg
    Irish Wolfhound Biggy is missing - last seen at the Spanish Arch last night at 8pm. If you spot him, call James on <snip> PM OP if you have info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    1382209_10151651158822186_1539913425_n.jpg
    Irish Wolfhound Biggy is missing - last seen at the Spanish Arch last night at 8pm. If you spot him, call James on <snip> PM OP if you have info.

I hope you find him but you never have him under control. He's a huge dog and scares the life out of my niece every time she's sees him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

He's so big that other dogs shelter under him when it rains

snubbleste wrote: »
    He's so big that other dogs shelter under him when it rains

it has to be a worry for parents of young children when they see him wandering around.

my niece actually grabbed my leg yesterday when she saw the owner in salthill cycling his bike but he only had the smaller dog with him. It scares the life out of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I don't know why people are giving out about him not being under control, has to be the most gentle, placid dog I've ever seen! Hope he's found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hope he's found safe and well.

Always see him around town with the collie and jack russel, very good natured and obedient dogs they are.

Shared link on FB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

That dog does poos like horse poos. He did one outside my friend's door and it was massive. So if you see a horse poo where you don't expect to see one, then call the cops.

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

I hope you find him but you never have him under control. He's a huge dog and scares the life out of my niece every time she's sees him.

That dog IS under control.

Your niece has an irrational fear of the dog - that's her problem, not the innocent dog's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I hope this beautiful dog is found safe and well.

I'll ring friends who live in the area to alert them and have a look.....

Post lots of flyers along when he went missing OP, best of luck with Biggy's safe return,

GSW:)

That dog IS under control..

ah that's great news did not realise he was found safe and well and IS under control of his owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Alright. No need to get sarky here. People's definitions of dog control are obviously quite different; accept that.

Hope he gets found, he's an awfully friendly gentle giant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Its not actually my dog I just seen the posts on Facebook and thought to share it here aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Any word on him yet, hardly a dog that can be missed, really hope he is ok... The most harmless placid dog ever... The dog cannot be to blame for dog anxiety in children and should not be punished for something it will never do just in order to placate a phobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭BlurstMonkey

I shared this on facebook yesterday. An absolutely lovely dog! If anyone hears anything it would be nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Someone has him. There is no way that he is wandering around. Hopefully it's a rescue or a well meaning individual.

He is very desirable to dog thieves for all the wrong reasons.

It just highlights that no dog should ever be roaming. Hopefully the owner won't learn a sad lesson.

Just to clarify. "In effective control" means that the dog is with you or very close by. It means that you can see your dog & recall it instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Found according to FB
    FOUND AT LAST!

Just received a call from James. 'Biggy' was found an hour ago on the highway between Loughrea and Athenry. He is well. We are all delighted. Please share this great news, and thank you all for your help and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

That's good news. I really thought he must have been taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement