Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Down! - League Statistics

Options
  • 18-10-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I have a bit of free time tonight and seen this concept over on Madden PFL so I thought it would be good to incorporate it over here to get discussion going, as I don't think we have had as many discussion provoking threads this edition as we have had in recent years.

Basically it's just a quick sentence or two on each team with a statistic that people may find interesting. They may be positive or negative statistics (really it's dependent on whichever jumps out at me first).

I'll try to update it every few gameweeks.

AFC East:

Jets - Of players who have taken at least 20 snaps this season, Jets HB Chris Ivory leads the league in yards per carry with 10.3 on 50 carries.

Patriots - Tom Brady has the second lowest amount of INT's thrown this season (2), however he has thrown the ball 30 times more than Ponder who has 1 INT.

Dolphins - Mike Wallace is the joint receiving TD leader with 9, despite playing one game less than the Texans Andre Johnson who also has 9.

Bills - Players don't seem to have any problem stopping the CPU Bills, as they are the worst team in the league for points per game with 10.7.

AFC North:

Bengals - If you lose the ball against the Bengals it's very hard to get it back. They lead the league in fumble recoveries with 6.

Ravens - The Ravens lead human players in penalties committed with 15, which has cost them a total of 109 yards. Tut tut.

Browns - Punter Spencer Lanning leads the league in punts that have ended up down inside the 20 yard line. Brandon Weeden is the joint most sacked QB (22 sacks).

Steelers - The Steelers have 0 rushing TD's so far this season.

AFC South:

Texans - The Texans are the best offensive side in the league by a distance, leading in a number of offensive categories such as points per game and total offensive yards.

Colts - If the Colts get into the redzone, they will score. The lead the league with a 100% redzone efficiency rating (16 TD's and 6 FG's on 22 trips).

Titans - Titans have the best run defense in the league, holding opponents to a measly 253 yards this year.

Jaguars - Maurice Jones-Drew is proving difficult to take down, with 16 broken tackles leading the league.

AFC West:

Chiefs - Have fun trying to protect your quarterback against the Chiefs! They lead the league in QB sacks (23).

Broncos - Peyton has the most passing TD's with 22. He also leads the league in attempts, with 199. Denver have a very tough defense that is the leader in takeaways (27).

Chargers - The Chargers have by far the worst turnover differential in the league (-20).

Raiders - Couldn't find anything relevant in the context of our league.

NFC East:

Cowboys - Don't throw the ball near MLB Sean Lee. He leads the league in INT's with 6.

Giants - Eli is the most sacked QB in the league (alongside Brandon Weeden) with 22. LT Will Beatty has done little to help Eli's cause, giving up 9 of those sacks.

Redskins - Of wide receivers with at least 5 receptions this year, Santana Moss leads in the receiving average per reception category with a whopping 32.6 per catch (12 catches).

Eagles - The Eagles have the worst pass defense in the league, allowing 1,971 yards so far.

NFC North:

Bears - Julius Peppers is a machine, leading in individual sacks (11), tackles for a loss (11) and tied for forced fumbles (2).

Packers - Green Bay are the best defensive side in the league by some distance, allowing only 631 yards through the air and 366 on the ground.

Lions - Nick Fairley leads the league in player fumble recoveries (2).

Vikings - Adrian Peterson blows other HB's out of the water with his stats so far. 1,001 yards, 15 TD's and then a humongous 200 yards average per game. He also leads in yards gained after first contact with 221 and has 13 runs for 20 yards or more, again a league high.

NFC South:

Saints - Brees and Colston have hooked up for the longest TD this season (92 yards).

Bucs - If Peterson wasn't so good, Martin would be leading the league in rushing average per game with 175.

Falcons - The Falcons have only got to the opposing QB 3 times this season, which is joint lowest alongside the Jaguars.

Panthers - Free safety Charles Godfrey has been bullied by receivers this year, allowing a league high 13 catches in coverage

NFC West:

49ers - Kapernick leads QB's in rushing yards (336) but leads all rushers in fumbles (5).

Seahawks - Seattle have attempted the most field goals in the league (12) with an 83% success rate.

Cardinals - Patrick Peterson has the most defensive touchdowns in the league (2).

Rams - Sam Bradford's 2 passing touchdowns are a league lowest among starting quarterbacks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Great idea!

I think the main reason I have most field goal attempts, if I'm ahead by 2 scores I tend to run the clock and kick (compared to some other teams that have huge score differences!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Great work, loved reading through this. Highlights were the Raiders comment and finding out that I've the best defence in the league....didn't see that coming.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Brady just threw 2 picks in my game against the Saints so he might have gone down!! :-(

Good stats tho very interesting!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My picks are coming down believe it or not, less forced passes. I think I threw 6 against the Cowboys because I was impatient and wouldn't wait for seperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

You could have just changed mine to Adrian Peterson is the Vikings Plan A - Y. Ponder is plan Z

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Good job Paully,good read.
    Also Chiefs defensive coordinator was asked about his prediction for their upcoming game versus the Texans.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sean Lee user picks ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Good job Paully,good read.
    Also Chiefs defensive coordinator was asked about his prediction for their upcoming game versus the Texans.

:pac:

This is emotional meeting, win or lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great stats. God I love Julius

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Being tied with the Jags for anything is never good

• Advertisement
Advertisement