Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I take restrictor out now ?

• 18-10-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭

Have a hornet. 600 restricted. I'm 30 and hav the old A learner licence.if I go and swap it for a new A permit can I take restrictor out?ive done ibt 1-4 not. 5 yet if this matters ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i think you have to do IBT5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

you will need to get your insurance cert changed to to take off the restriction note. There should be no change in premiun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

serious3 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

serious3 wrote: »

+2

You can do the Direct Access IBT as you are over 24. I think you will also need to swap your existing learner permit for a new A1 provisional. However once you complete the IBT you can ride any unrestricted bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

josh59 wrote: »
    +2

You can do the Direct Access IBT as you are over 24. I think you will also need to swap your existing learner permit for a new A1 provisional. However once you complete the IBT you can ride any unrestricted bike.

You need new A learner permit with the IBT module 5 and your insurance changed to reflect this before you can be legal out on the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement