Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American waffle maker

Options
  • 19-10-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a waffle maker from the States.
    It is 110 volts & 1200W.
    I thought a stepdown transformer would work but most I've seen seem to be for much lower wattages.
    Is there a transformer or US type wall socket that I could get?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

joebre wrote: »
    I recently bought a waffle maker from the States.
    It is 110 volts & 1200W.
    I thought a stepdown transformer would work but most I've seen seem to be for much lower wattages.
    Is there a transformer or US type wall socket that I could get?

Thanks in advance
    Power tool units are 110v but they are huge, still possibly the only cost effective option though.
    Would be cheaper to buy a new unit than a Traffo unless it's a super expensive maker

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Not super expensive, but still cost around €100, including purchase, duty and shipping. I liked the design of the unit.

I had it plugged into an travel adapter for 2 minutes before I realised that it was not going to work.
    Do you think that would have done any damage to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

joebre wrote: »
    Not super expensive, but still cost around €100, including purchase, duty and shipping. I liked the design of the unit.

I had it plugged into an travel adapter for 2 minutes before I realised that it was not going to work.
    Do you think that would have done any damage to it ?
    I'd say the travel adapter got the worst of it, unless it had a safety trip , as it's a heater it should not have many delicate electronics, but you'd never know without looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I'd say the waffle must have been ready within 2 minutes, with the 1200 watt unit now operating at 4800+ watts at 230v

Advertisement