Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 week old projectile vomiting

Options
  • 19-10-2013 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

Anxious FTM here!

My 2 week old has been bringing up his feeds - about half an hour/an hour after his bottle he sometimes projectile vomits the entire thing. It's not every feed, just the odd time, and it's not normal spitting up - it's quite a lot and it's a proper vomit. I don't know if I should be concerned or not - any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Mine did the same for a while and someone told me (which made me feel better) that spilt liquid always seems like more than it actually is - so it may not be the entire feed (I worried baby would be hungry).

Anyway if bottle feeding:
    - is it properly sterile
    - is the water clean (eg from the correct tap)
    - could you change formula brands
    - could baby be intolerant to an ingredient

If breast feeding:
    - is it something in your diet? My sister's little fella would get sick if she ate chocolate?

Maybe feed baby a little less at a time and wind babba more often....it can take 30mins sometimes for the burp to come up.

Speak to the PHN or doc when you see them just in-case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Thank you, I'm feeding him expressed breast milk, so I'll look at all those things. As I said, it's not every feed, and he doesn't appear distressed. If it happens again I think I'll ring the doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Do call the doc if it happens again. We can't give advice on ailments here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement