Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying from one of the second hand shops

• 19-10-2013 8:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

Would it be safe enough buying from one of the second hand shops in town?

Looking for a 32gb iPhone 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

OU812 wrote: »

CAVEAT EMPTOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have had repairs done in these types of phone shops. One for a broken iphone 4gs screen. On the bus home I noticed there was orbit around the whole screen like it wasnt properly fitted. I was back in the shop within 30 mins.But yet they had never seen me before and it was going to €30. I reached behind the counter and found my receipt and lost my ****, but they still didnt fixed it properly( another chinese shop finally fixed it).

I wouldnt trust a chinese phone shop. Some check for stolen phones(you must give an ID and number when selling it). But there is a chance they could give you a fake or broken phone and "not remember" who you are when you go back to complain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would never buy a phone from those shops, never mind an iPhone. Better options out there, like Adverts for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭jamesd

OU812 wrote: »

I'd say look on adverts.ie , I'm putting my 32gb 5 up there soon for sale.

Just watch for users with good feedback and test the phone with a sim if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Yours sim free & good condition?

PM me the details, might save you the hassle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement