Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painfully Slow Broadband Very Disappointed

Options
  • 19-10-2013 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I got the "up to 24Mbps" broadband in Castleknock and can see it only ever connects at around 2Mbps. I am very disappointed as it is painful watching Netflix/Apple TV movies. I am a new Eircom customer and I'm already starting to regret it. I would very much like if someone could look into this as at this point I feel I have no choice but to move to UPC.

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 danielgalvin

I got the "up to 24Mbps" broadband in Castleknock and can see it only ever connects at around 2Mbps. I am very disappointed as it is painful watching Netflix/Apple TV movies. I am a new Eircom customer and I'm already starting to regret it. I would very much like if someone could look into this as at this point I feel I have no choice but to move to UPC.

Thanks
    Dan

Connection info attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Your downstream attenuation is fairly high so you must be some distance from the exchange. If you put this value in on the speed calculator on http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php , you can see that the most you could receive is 3-4Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Exchange distance might not be the issue. 

Best thing to do now is isolate the modem on the main phone socket, disconnect all phones, filters and if you have them sky boxes, once you have done that go back to the connection page, you should see a massive difference, if you don't see a difference try it in isolation on a different socket. More than likely its on a secondary socket or you have the filters connected wrong or something isn't filtered. and make sure you are not using an extension phone cable.

This is what tech support will get you to do anyway, best to try it all before you give them a ring.

If all that doesn't resolve the issue, leave the modem in isolation and call them from a mobile on 1901 (free) it should make the process alot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks
    Dan

Hi Danielgalvin,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement