Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 9 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's limited room on the Andros spacecraft, join me while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

qwabercd wrote: »
    In a bit of a pickle. Over the next few weeks I want to get rid of rooney, michu and siggy (and maybe vidic). Hazard and aguero I want in and most likely lallana. However I like the fixtures of all the payers I want rid off but dont like their replacements' fixtures for gw9. With all rooney, michu and siggy probably going to drop in price and hazard, aguero and to a lesser extent lallana going to rocket it's gonna be tough to hold off. Might just do siggy (who has been hauled off early in last 2 games) to lallana and hold off on the other changes.

Sigurdson will almost certainly not drop this week, he's almost 80% to a rise at present. I'd also doubt very much that Michu will drop just yet, esp given Swans decent fixtures. Doubt any of the riser you mention will go up more than 0.1 or 0.2 either, none of the going anywhere tonight anyway. Watch total FPL and don't move till you have to I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Zabeleta out, Nastasic in.

I hate having City players, never know who will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FearDark wrote: »
    Zabeleta out, Nastasic in.

I hate having City players, never know who will start.

Can't see the sense in this? Zab was injured,minor,alot more FF potential than Nastasic who does nothing outside of his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

There's limited room on the Andros spacecraft, join me while you can.

Taking up a seat,4pt hit for ****s and giggles,looked an assured starter now,Lamela and Chadli can fight over Europa league games.
    Brady out him in,gives me more options in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rather boring Redmond to Januzaj for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Just did Rooney out, Suarez in and Mignolet out, Boruc in.

This is my team now.

Boruc (Davis)
    Zabaleta Coleman Ivanovic (Chambers) (Briggs)
    Ozil Ramsey Yaya Barkley (Brady)
    Suarez Giroud Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Gonna take a hit on my defense i think Coleman and Enrique out..thinking Chico and a Southampton defender,not sure which though,who are there nailed on starters?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

BNMC wrote: »
    Just did Rooney out, Suarez in and Mignolet out, Boruc in.

This is my team now.

Boruc (Davis)
    Zabaleta Coleman Ivanovic (Chambers) (Briggs)
    Ozil Ramsey Yaya Barkley (Brady)
    Suarez Giroud Sturridge

Nice team, especially for GW9 (Palace vs Arsenal). If Oscar was in there instead of Brady, it would be my perfect midfield :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Thinking of doing Shelvey out Lallana in

Any reason why not ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Despite what I said about keeping Ben Arfa I've turfed him out and brought in Ramsey at a 4 point hit.

Of course now he'll probably bag a hat-trick against Sunderland or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I did Vidic to Chico on Sunday.

Still one free transfer so considering upgrading either Eriksen to Oscar or Negredo to Aguero.

Thoughts on which is more urgent or even a 4 point hit and do both?

Think both transfers would improve my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

If I switch Fellaini to Townsend this week, I can switch Soldado for Aguero the week after. Seems a no brainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anyone know whats the story with Zab? Thinking of downgrading my defense as the points have dryed up back there? Gonna get rid of Mignolet as well as my reserve Boruc has cleaned him the last 3 weeks. Probably get McGregor in for a large savings

Edit - Zab due to drop price tonight so may take action

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've gone from being really happy with my team to suddenly wanting to offload a lot of them. Mignolet hasn't performed since GW3, Vidic and Zab didn't even play this week and both teams conceded anyway, Ramsey is now a must have and Aguero looks like a better shout than Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone know whats the story with Zab? Thinking of downgrading my defense as the points have dryed up back there? Gonna get rid of Mignolet as well as my reserve Boruc has cleaned him the last 3 weeks. Probably get McGregor in for a large savings

Edit - Zab due to drop price tonight so may take action

Ya Im thinking about getting rid of Zab as well,hard to know who to replace him with though

Currently have

Coleman,Shaw,Mertesacker,Zab and Ward as my cheapie defender

Expecting big things from Ward tonight against Fulham :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

roryc wrote: »
    I've gone from being really happy with my team to suddenly wanting to offload a lot of them. Mignolet hasn't performed since GW3, Vidic and Zab didn't even play this week and both teams conceded anyway, Ramsey is now a must have and Aguero looks like a better shout than Rooney.

Mulling over the Rooney to Aguero move myself...
    The only thing that worries me is City are away to Chelsea next while Utd are home to Stoke! You would have to fancy Utd's chances rather then Citys although Aguero does seem to have found a bit of form and as its painfully obvious Utd are pants at the moment! The only other thing that worries me is rotation! There will be a lot of money tied up in a striker who is bound to miss a few games here and there with Aguero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Ya Im thinking about getting rid of Zab as well,hard to know who to replace him with though

Currently have

Coleman,Shaw,Mertesacker,Zab and Ward as my cheapie defender

Expecting big things from Ward tonight against Fulham :D
    Will Ward start though, I'm in a weekly league and I need him to get a cs to win. 70e at stake. He is only playing because Zab was benched again.

What are people opinions of Zab, is he been rotated with Richards now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've taken a 4-point hit in 4 consecutive GWs (having played my wildcard, poorly, during the first international break). I'm finally happy with the team, though, so barring long-term injuries I'm going to hold off on any transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I did Vidic to Chico on Sunday.

Still one free transfer so considering upgrading either Eriksen to Oscar or Negredo to Aguero.

Thoughts on which is more urgent or even a 4 point hit and do both?

Think both transfers would improve my team.

Strange time to transfer Vidic out, United are home to Stoke next week and he'll be fit. Of the two options you described I think Negredo to Aguero makes the most sense but bear in mind that City and Chelsea both have a very tough fixture next week.

• Advertisement

Will Ward start though, I'm in a weekly league and I need him to get a cs to win. 70e at stake. He is only playing because Zab was benched again.

What are people opinions of Zab, is he been rotated with Richards now?

Lads at Fantasy Football Scout have Ward in their predicted team line ups,there usually not too far off with them line ups,even though they were caught out with Zab not playing this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Lallana and Fonte in, Chambers and Colback out. 4 point hit once again but after taking out RVP and putting Rooney in I had some money to spare. Happy enough with my team now.

Still churning over what to do about Eriksen, and the fact that I've no City player when they seem to be hitting some form.

As a variant on my question above, which option would people recommend. Sturridge and Eriksen going out and:

A - Silva and Benteke
    B - Townsend and Aguero

A would require shifting somebody else to get the cash so would be Benteke in this week and Silva and a defender downgraded next week (after City's trick trip to the Bridge).

B would need to be done tonight as Townsend going to rise and I have exact change for him and Ageuro.

Benteke looked sharp when he came on, Villa have a run of very good fixtures for up to 8 weeks with only a couple of the 'big' sides. My other strikers are Suarez and Lukaku.

I look forward to all of you solving this conundrum for me by this evening, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Strange time to transfer Vidic out, United are home to Stoke next week and he'll be fit. Of the two options you described I think Negredo to Aguero makes the most sense but bear in mind that City and Chelsea both have a very tough fixture next week.

More frustration than anything else, and as people have pointed out defenders aren't providing the returns they had at the start of the season so banking some cash to spend elsewhere seemed right.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Ward-prowse / Nathan Redmond ---» OUT

Januzaj / Ravel Morrison ---» IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Probably going to bank this week's transfer. Downgrade Vidic next week and use the cash to get Aguero in for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Still churning over what to do about Eriksen, and the fact that I've no City player when they seem to be hitting some form.

As a variant on my question above, which option would people recommend. Sturridge and Eriksen going out and:

A - Silva and Benteke
    B - Townsend and Aguero

A would require shifting somebody else to get the cash so would be Benteke in this week and Silva and a defender downgraded next week (after City's trick trip to the Bridge).

B would need to be done tonight as Townsend going to rise and I have exact change for him and Ageuro.

Benteke looked sharp when he came on, Villa have a run of very good fixtures for up to 8 weeks with only a couple of the 'big' sides. My other strikers are Suarez and Lukaku.

I look forward to all of you solving this conundrum for me by this evening, thanks!

Aguero is 80% of the way to a rise tonight as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero is very appealing for the Norwich and Sunderland games in GW10 and 11 but after that again while he can score against anyone he'll probably be rotated with CL and then the xmas period kicking in meaning I'd probably want to transfer him out.

If Benteke looks good he could be my Rooney transfer out in a couple of weeks too. I think getting in a Swansea and Chelsea defender and maybe Hazard are priorities over the next 3/4 weeks. I'm going to try and keep my hits to a minimum for a few weeks too if I can but if an opportunity presents itself I'll be all over it like Ramsey and his desire to singlehandedly ruin my season.

As it stands I'm happy to leave things as they are having done Clyne in for Kos and have my first week starting on 0 since the wildcard going into GW4. The 3.7 in my bank is eyeing me up though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

A - Silva and Benteke
    B - Townsend and Aguero

Considering Eriksen to Townsend myself. Obviously Townsend gives you Spurs attaching cover and their fixtures are decent. But my priority is my defence, and I want to get Swansea dn Spurs coverage in there. Spurs look the most defensively sound to me of the top 6, especially now with Sandro back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Im holding onto Vidic for another week or 2. Im hoping he didnt play because Moyes wont play him for 3 games in one week which would mean he will play this weekend and next weekend. Ill probably shift him before gw 11.

What is the story with Zabaleta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Eriksen to Hazard, Oscar, or keep him?

shano_88 wrote: »
    Im holding onto Vidic for another week or 2. Im hoping he didnt play because Moyes wont play him for 3 games in one week which would mean he will play this weekend and next weekend. Ill probably shift him before gw 11.

What is the story with Zabaleta?

I believe Vidic had a small injury, he'll be back next week for a very attractive fixture, I couldn't justify dumping him this week, Zaba was rotated, a bad sign for his FPL prospects.

8-10 wrote: »
    Eriksen to Hazard, Oscar, or keep him?

I'd hang tough on Eriksen, that's what i'm doing anyway, he really should be back in the team next week, Spurs have a much nicer fixture than Chelsea. I could see him matching the points of the other two you mentioned over the season and is a good bit cheaper, he has a lot of set pieces that the others don't, provided he plays obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd hang tough on Eriksen, that's what i'm doing anyway, he really should be back in the team next week, I could see him matching the points of the other two you mentioned and is a good bit cheaper, he has a lot of set pieces that the others don't, provided he plays obviously.

I'm leaning that way too, just have no Chelsea coverage and a bit worried. He's been one of my favourite players the past few seasons though so no problems hanging onto him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

didnt see any football the weekend . How did G Johnson play have the money to get him in for Collins which was the plan before the weekend and did liverpool play 3 5 2 again? Pity vidic didnt play he is gone in the next couple of weeks he just cant seem to get a consistent run of games anymore should have took my own advice on that one.
    Ideally I'll do collins to johnson may take a 4 pt hit of eriksen to townsend. This will then give me the funds to do sturridge to aguero the week after. Aguero has given me nothing but FF heartache since the turn of the year always seems to pick up an injury as soon as I bring him in. Hes probably my favourite striker in the league though so Ill roll the dice again on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

didnt see any football the weekend . How did G Johnson play have the money to get him in for Collins which was the plan before the weekend and did liverpool play 3 5 2 again? Pity vidic didnt play he is gone in the next couple of weeks he just cant seem to get a consistent run of games anymore should have took my own advice on that one.
    Ideally I'll do collins to johnson may take a 4 pt hit of eriksen to townsend. This will then give me the funds to do sturridge to aguero the week after. Aguero has given me nothing but FF heartache since the turn of the year always seems to pick up an injury as soon as I bring him in. Hes probably my favourite striker in the league though so Ill roll the dice again on him.

The two of us took the chance on him two GWs ago and got bitten but I think he's worth the chance again. He'll finish top scorer IMO.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The two of us took the chance on him two GWs ago and got bitten but I think he's worth the chance again. He'll finish top scorer IMO.

ye he is a class act Ive got bitten a lot with him since xmas but Im going to get him in next week and just stick with him and accept that he wont play every single game.

bezuaua wrote: »
    Ward-prowse / Nathan Redmond ---» OUT

Januzaj / Ravel Morrison ---» IN

Just got Morrison in,had to get rid of some dead wood i had on the bench,at least now with Morrison he is an option to play him if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

2nd defensive change this week. Zab out Dawson in. It fits nicely with my downgrading of my defence objective. Leaves me with JT as my only 6 m + defender. So I have Clyne, Coleman (will go over the next few weeks) Whittaker, JT & Dawson.

Another reason for this change is I have no Spurs players at the mo and they have good potential for the rest of the season. Also gives me an extra million to upgrade my midfield. And maybe just maybe Dawson might cover the 4 point hit this weekend against Hull!

That's my logic anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

RVP out for Benteke to save a few bob?

collins to glen johnson done

Right, looks like nobody is going to remotely log into my FPL and sort this for me. I'm 50/50 but the prices will swing it for me. Townsend will I expect at least match Eriksen over the next few weeks, Eriksen will drop this week, Townsend will prob go up 0.2 if not 0.3 and more next week if he performs against Hull.

I was mistaken earlier, I have 1m to spare if I bring in Aguero too, so it will free me up to do some defence changes over the next week or two, incl getting glen Johnston prob. May hold off on Aguero to Sturridge till next week as if Sturridge rises too, which he prob will it will offset the Aguero rise and give me another 0.1 bankable value.

Can easily do Aguero/somebody to silva/Benteke in to few weeks, villa play Sunderland in GW13 and bringing in a striker about to play either Sunderland or Palace seems guaranteed points (unless it's Michu).

On another note, I see a lot of people looking to get Swansea defenders. Not sure if I'm missing something, so genuine question. Why?

They have 3 CS so far, against the 2 worst teams by far, plus,west brom. Never looked like holding out against better sides, Southampton also put 2 past them.

They have very good fixtures coming I know, but only a couple that look 'nailed on' CS potential, and more which look good for attacking returns.

Please enlighten me. Would the likes of Wilson, or a West Ham player not be better for those who already have Soton etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

He took a nice shot and was on target; that's about all I remember of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Please recommend me a new defender.

Looking to get rid of José Enrique.

Current defenders are

Dawson
    Fonte
    Shawcross
    Coleman
    José Enrique

Have 1.7 in the bank.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Current defenders are

Dawson
    Fonte
    Shawcross
    Coleman
    José Enrique

Have 1.7 in the bank.

Thanks.

Glen Johnston. Liverpool not raking in the clean sheets but nobody is apart from Southampton, he'll be playing as a wing back in 352 and seemed to get forward a lot last weekend including bringing a great save out of the be keeper.

Otherwise, Terry or if going cheaper Wilson maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Current defenders are

Dawson
    Fonte
    Shawcross
    Coleman
    José Enrique

Have 1.7 in the bank.

Thanks.

I'd probably go for one of these ... Terry (but would prob wait till after the City game) Winston Reid, Glen Johnson, Rangel/Chico

Townsend to Eriksen trigger pulled after allowing a cooling off period.

Next move to be confirmed. Tempted to swap Coleman for Clyne as well. Missed the Southampton CS bus so far and only three stops left before fixtures turn bad. I think he's very likely to score 4 points more than Séamy over the next three weeks and he rotates better with other defenders hard games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Townsend to Eriksen trigger pulled after allowing a cooling off period.

Next move to be confirmed. Tempted to swap Coleman for Clyne as well. Missed the Southampton CS bus so far and only three stops left before fixtures turn bad. I think he's very likely to score 4 points more than Séamy over the next three weeks and he rotates better with other defenders hard games.

Very tempted to do the same, but have one or two others that probably need/want to get rid of first! Ivanovic, Zabaletta, Vidic have all disappointed so far and still have Chester taking up space on my bench.

Very tempted to do the same, but have one or two others that probably need/want to get rid of first! Ivanovic, Zabaletta, Vidic have all disappointed so far and still have Chester taking up space on my bench.

I'd be in no hurry to get rid of Chester myself. He could be back week after next home to Sunderland and as I posted in another thread during the week I reckon he's the best rotation defender under 4.5m in the game, the only viable 4.0m option. I'm holding tight as budget defence is the way to go IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement