Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husqvarna 236

• 19-10-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I've a couple of saws but I need something relatively light for cutting up firewood. I don't really need a professional grade saw as I only cut up timber at the weekends.

Ideally circa 40cc and 14in bar is what I've been on the look out for and I'm coming across good deals for the Husqvarna 236.

Have any if the posters here any experience good/bad with this saw or would you recommend something different. I really don't want to spend anything over 250€.

Thanks for you time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

coin wrote: »
    I've a couple of saws but I need something relatively light for cutting up firewood. I don't really need a professional grade saw as I only cut up timber at the weekends.

Ideally circa 40cc and 14in bar is what I've been on the look out for and I'm coming across good deals for the Husqvarna 236.

Have any if the posters here any experience good/bad with this saw or would you recommend something different. I really don't want to spend anything over 250€.

Thanks for you time.
    Nothing wrong with that saw at all. Good little cutter for the money ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Make sure your deal is with a registered dealer.
    A lot of rip off huskys/stihl out there especially online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

the cheper huskys are not what they used to be and unless you buy a profesional one it will be made by electrolux(google it) i heaed a good few complaints..go for the stihl ms170/180 much better saws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

The 236 is a Husqvarna badged Poulan make. Poulan also make the same model in 38cc for McCulloch, Jonsered, and Partner under various names. I'd check to see which one of those would give you the better value. Sometimes McCullochs cost much less than their husky versions. But the husky/jred version would come with dealer support, if that was important to you.

Advertisement