Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payin Child Maintenance but child living with me

Options
  • 19-10-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Gone anon for this

Divorced a few years..one 19 year old daughter who is at college.
    Paying child maintenance to ex

However since college (she's now in second year) daughter has been mainly staying with me as its easier for college. Her part time job is also near me.

So I'm incurring most of weekly expense rather than my ex.

I find it strange that I should be still paying my ex child maintenance when she's hardly ever there and am debating 'reviewing it' especially in light of the fact Ive just lost 2500 a year in budget due to One Parent Family tax credit being removed.

Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP we can only give you non-legal advice here so your best bet is to seek the advice of a solicitor and to apply to get the maintenance updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You can apply to the court for a variation on the maintainance as circumstanses have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

why are you still paying maintence for a 19 year old. thought by law it was up untill 18

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ShuShuDoyle

Actually the money is payable to the child not the parent after 18 if they are in full time eduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here..

You sure about the paying maintenance directly to Child after 18 in full time education?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP per the first reply to you we are restricted from offering legal advice, even on activities you want to do yourself. If you continue to post in this manner we will have to close this thread, as it stands your last post has been removed.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

Actually the money is payable to the child not the parent after 18 if they are in full time eduction.

Not looking for advice but have you any reference you can link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

d2013 wrote: »
    why are you still paying maintence for a 19 year old. thought by law it was up untill 18
    It IS 18 but 23 if "child" still in full-time education which is legal discrimination against separated or divorced parents.

See HERE

Advertisement