Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day 3 of fibre outage in Limerick City Centre

Options
  • 19-10-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have Eircom Fibre and live in Limerick City Centre. Our internet has been down for three days as of this morning. I work from home for a company in the US, so this is really affecting my job. We have called Eircom 9+ times and received the following explanations:
    • Nothing is wrong
    • Something is wrong and other customers and businesses have reported the same.
    • This is a scheduled outage and will be fixed by COB (this was on Friday).
    • Something is wrong and other customers are reporting problems. Someone will be out to check the exchange.
    • This is a scheduled outage and will be fixed over the weekend.
    [*]

There was an Eircom van outside of our apartment on Thursday morning when the internet dissappeared. It was there the next day as well. Not sure if this is related.

Could someone please let us know if something is going on in Limerick City Centre (Henry Street/Post Office area) and when someone will get to the exchange to check? I need to tell my boss something, so I would really appreciate an answer. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SomeYank

Day 5 update, internet is still out. Called Eircom who said they received an update on the situation over the weekend (no word if they took action). The problem is at the exchange and they expect it will be fixed today otherwise they will get "loads of complaints".

This is not the first time we have been told it will be fixed today, so I can't trust some guy on the phone. It would be nice to hear that there is a actually a guy scheduled to go to the exchange. Can someone confirm? Maybe give a real update on the issue? WHAT is the problem at the exchange? HOW LONG does this type of problem generally take to fix? Is it actually going to take a few days?  

My job depends on having a solid internet service. This is really starting to hurt my work.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

I'm the other affected party living at this address, the broadband connection is also in my name. I can't tell you how frustrating an experience it is dealing with Eircom customer support (since day one, not just this incident), nobody in the company appears to talk to anybody else, and the range of excuses I've been handed over the last 5 days has been utterly ridiculous.

Can we please get an answer as to what is happening? And what is being done to rectify the situation. This is having a serious impact on employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Internet is back up and working as of five minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

T83 wrote: »
    Internet is back up and working as of five minutes ago.

Hi T83,

That's great to hear.

Sorry for the delays and inconvenience caused in getting the service back up and running. If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to us.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

SomeYank wrote: »
    Day 5 update, internet is still out. Called Eircom who said they received an update on the situation over the weekend (no word if they took action). The problem is at the exchange and they expect it will be fixed today otherwise they will get "loads of complaints".

This is not the first time we have been told it will be fixed today, so I can't trust some guy on the phone. It would be nice to hear that there is a actually a guy scheduled to go to the exchange. Can someone confirm? Maybe give a real update on the issue? WHAT is the problem at the exchange? HOW LONG does this type of problem generally take to fix? Is it actually going to take a few days?  

My job depends on having a solid internet service. This is really starting to hurt my work.

Hi SomeYank,

Are you still having issues or is your service back up and running again?

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement