Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulranny park hotel in receivership?

Options
  • 19-10-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

rumors flying around that mulranny park hotel has gone into receivership.

not good news for the same local creditors who been stung by the tf and breaffy house to be hit again.

its still open for business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I wish it well.

Have been there at various functions, seemed to be very well run

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will be a big blow to the area if it goes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Heard it was today for sure. Fine hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Sorry, heard it was what? Is it actually in receivership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

They were cleaning up. Getting a huge amount of weddings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Do you actually understand the difference between a receivership and a liquidation? There are several well known hotels in receivership, have been for years and are still doing business....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Do you actually understand the difference between a receivership and a liquidation? There are several well known hotels in receivership, have been for years and are still doing business....

Who said it was closed? He said "receivership", so not sure where your confused? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

martyoo wrote: »
    They were cleaning up. Getting a huge amount of weddings.

Oh well. Won't be getting much more after this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Off topic:
    saw this thread the day it was posted. Didn't see anything on Twitter and nobody I talked to knew anything about it over the weekend. It took 3 days before any newspaper or information started to leak. Boards.ie really is first for breaking local news, both good and bad.

On topic:
    Unfortunate to see this happen not just to this hotel but the many others who are struggling too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I have wedding booked there for next year, They told me that the managing company is in liquidation and that they are being taken over by another company in a few weeks. Hotel is v profitable apparently.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

yop wrote: »
    Who said it was closed? He said "receivership", so not sure where your confused? :confused:

Did anyone say it was closed? I simply pointed out that may receivership is not the end of the line by any means... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WebConsultant

Hi all...anyone hear anything more on this? I also have a wedding booked. Might be back to the drawing board???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Hi all...anyone hear anything more on this? I also have a wedding booked. Might be back to the drawing board???

i know someone who has a wedding booked as well and they got a phonecall from the hotel explaining the situation.

I know...had the same call with Alison there. Its just hard to be sure how it will play out...should know more once the liquidator goes through the process. Just wondering if there I anything further on another company taking over as mentioned in a previous post.

I know...had the same call with Alison there. Its just hard to be sure how it will play out...should know more once the liquidator goes through the process. Just wondering if there I anything further on another company taking over as mentioned in a previous post.

nothing yet but i would not pay over another penny for the wedding.

BD Hotels Ltd is the company name and i keep an eye on www.insolvencyjournal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cmred

Just called them and their reply was hotel is up and running this weekend and closing for the winter come sunday...

cmred wrote: »
    Just called them and their reply was hotel is up and running this weekend and closing for the winter come sunday...

seeems odd, it never closed before for the winter

Wheni spoke to them they said they were closing in november mid week and open for weddings at weekends. They said they close for all of January and this is what they do every year....I can't verify that it is. Anyone?
    irishgeo wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

I can't verify that it is. Anyone?

Yes, this is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Wheni spoke to them they said they were closing in november mid week and open for weddings at weekends. They said they close for all of January and this is what they do every year....I can't verify that it is. Anyone?

Yes, it isn't unusual so this wouldn't concern me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

irishgeo wrote: »

every year since it re-opened, think they open christmas week aswell. the gym and leisure centre is only open select weekends. they have a facebook page for anyone interested with the info

Advertisement