Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 20 New Tactics

Options
  • 19-10-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Starting a thread to house our discussion on these new tactics.

Honestly, I didn't grasp how much control we'd have.

Delighted that we're now able to pick kicking rates at various points on the pitch. First game in a bit and I'm quite worried about how I've set up my team. Not sure if my logic is going to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I tried this in the BR league...got my a$$ handed to me :(

Not quite sure what to think of them.
    I'd thought along the lines of
    My 22- get the ball outta her..kick it, drive/png...just dont have a turnover
    Inside my half- kick it a bit...drive/png a bit...maybe run it a bit...nothing too creative coz i still dont want a turnover
    Inside opponents half- dont really want to kick it...run the ball, maybe a something a little creative, a bit of png/driving
    inside opponents 22- dont kick it, get it out wide, or something creative, maybe a little png/driving

It think setting defensive tactics is now really hit and miss....it used to be a one in 3 chance of getting it spot on...but now its complete gamble!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

daheff wrote: »

Inside my half- kick it a bit...drive/png a bit...maybe run it a bit...nothing too creative coz i still dont want a turnover
    Inside opponents half- dont really want to kick it...run the ball, maybe a something a little creative, a bit of png/driving
    inside opponents 22- dont kick it, get it out wide, or something creative, maybe a little png/driving

It think setting defensive tactics is now really hit and miss....it used to be a one in 3 chance of getting it spot on...but now its complete gamble!

maybe a gamble it might give lower teams a chance to win but i tried something simillar on sat and drew against a team that i was ahead of in all stars but we all need to learn tweak tactics a bit more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

daheff wrote: »

I used those tactics too, didnt work particularly well for me. There are just so many variables to look at. I'm just going to start with some random tactics and allow them to evolve game by game. Hopefully it will help figure out what specifically is helping and what is hindering. So many options!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 frampy91

Just joined this board - already on the offsite. First thread dedicated to the new tactics I've seen.

I used pretty much the same tactics as you and lost against a team that is better than me, but I lost by much more than I'd have expected to.

I'm tempted to abandon it while others experiment. I wonder whether it needs a fair bit of fine tuning before it gets beneficial. As it stands, the ME changes how it perceives your tactics based on where you are using the basic mode. (e.g, if kicking is set at 20%, it would be higher in your 22 and lower in their 22).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I haven't looked at the new tactics to be honest, way too many variables and I really don't know where to start at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I've been thinking along the lines of Daheff and Gelio. It's the thinking that makes sense, it's what you'd probably do in real life... which may not translate properly.

Advertisement