Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squad Cap for new League

Options
  • 19-10-2013 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

What squad cap would you like if any?

Teams will be given 1 month to get themselves in order/down to the required amout

Squad cap, how man players? 23 votes

45 Players max
    0%
    50 Players max
    43%
    SeanehIagoIvySlayerskeleton_boymackeire12gauge daveMaldjd23irishgoldbergswoodyLOSTfan57 10 votes
    55 Players max
    47%
    gerp99KERSPLAT!pepper180Mr BlobbyHerrickAl Capwnedtrudub83The Internettonic wineRayne WooneyJamboMac 11 votes
    60 Players max
    4%
    GT_TDI_150 1 vote
    I couldn't give a hoooo haaa!
    4%
    Wilberto 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

50 Players max
    Anything more than 45 is just hoarding and will warp world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I vote that I don't care.

Being honest, I feel the notion of "Squad hoarding" isn't as pronounced in the other world as some seem to suggest. I know there's some teams with triple figure teams, but most are 10k players who will never amount to much. Likewise, the players weren't tied solely to those teams; anyone could have got them.

Other worlds I've been in has proper hoarding, with big teams having ALL the big players. And even hoarding of 89-88 players. That's a far bigger hassle, but doesn't seem to happen with us.

Meanwhile, if the world is smaller, then there's going to be more players to go round.

If people don't want one or two teams hoarding players they want, get in and try and bid for them. Cause it strikes me a lot of the "hoarded" players aren't even wanted by 90% of the managers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

50 Players max
    33 players is enough. That's 3 players for each position on the pitch.

Just on a related thing...

The one month grace is good and all, but I've got 37 players at Real who are on loan and who I won't be able to move on till the end of season 1 (which is approx 6 months)!

There's no way I'll hit the "cap" of 50 players if we have to include those out on loan....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

50 Players max

The one month grace is good and all, but I've got 37 players at Real who are on loan and who I won't be able to move on till the end of season 1 (which is approx 6 months)!

There's no way I'll hit the "cap" of 50 players if we have to include those out on loan....

Can't you just recall them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

50 Players max

You can recall all those on loan at your B team

Can you?

I remember joining Spurs and not being allowed recall loan players until the end of season 1.

I'll be happy to offload a good 30 of the 37, but worry if that 37 is stuck there for the first season, it's going to make it harder to trade :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Can you?

I remember joining Spurs and not being allowed recall loan players until the end of season 1.

I'll be happy to offload a good 30 of the 37, but worry if that 37 is stuck there for the first season, it's going to make it harder to trade :(

Was the same for me at Genoa, I was able to recall some but not all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

50 Players max
    I don't actually think we've thought this squad cap out very well.

Unless we have a 1 season amnesty.

50 Players max
    Can you?

As far as i know you can because they are on loan at your B team. You can't recall the likes of Sahin because he is at Dortmund. At Spurs you have the same problem if they were on loan at Spurs reserve team you could recall them.

• Advertisement

50 Players max
    Seaneh wrote: »
    I don't actually think we've thought this squad cap out very well.

Unless we have a 1 season amnesty.

Would a 1 season amnesty not be too long? It would allow all the big teams to hoover up all the top players and then worry about getting rid of the crap they don't want? I include myself in that aswell as i am Bayern.

Well, I think at the very least, there needs to be an amensty whereby players who are on loan and cannot be called back do not count towards the squad cap. I'm more than happy to recall and ship out anyone at the B team, but don't want a situation where teams have 10 players out on loan and can't get them back. I'd imagine there's going to be other big teams have it worse in leagues where there is no "B" team...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

50 Players max
    I may take some of these problem players off yere hands for free just to help ye ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

55 Players max
    We'll sort somethin out lads, ye won't be left stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

60 Players max
    players on loan ha/ large starting squads .... I think I made that very point in the other thread

btw, PPP have you got a set of rules ready to 'publish before the GW starts?

55 Players max
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    players on loan ha/ large starting squads .... I think I made that very point in the other thread

btw, PPP have you got a set of rules ready to 'publish before the GW starts?

No, sure they haven't been decided. The only out of game rule we have so far is squad cap which is still being talked about.

As for in game rules,

No buying from unmanaged clubs in the league
    SM monitoring on
    What else?

You can loan to external clubs? Do people want that on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

60 Players max
    No, sure they haven't been decided. The only out of game rule we have so far is squad cap which is still being talked about.

As for in game rules,

No buying from unmanaged clubs in the league
    SM monitoring on
    What else?

You can loan to external clubs? Do people want that on?

if it can be done I personally would like it on.

manager sackings off .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

55 Players max
    Well if you can't recall all players from loan until the end of season 1, then there is only two options, leave cap size until season 2 or loan players at the start of season 1 don't count until season 2.

Actually it might take a season to clear out all the unwanted players as teams starting out with big squads would be at a disadvantage starting off otherwise.

Even with a month, sometimes it can take an age to get rid of transfer listed players.

55 Players max
    Manager sacking makes no odds, I'll just give the job back but I'll turn it off if ye want?

Anyone else? Anything else?

55 Players max
    Manager sacking makes no odds, I'll just give the job back but I'll turn it off if ye want?

I would say same rules as the other league, but deals from unmanaged teams not allowed, login time set to 14 days, and is it possible to not have it set to a maximum of 3 loan players?

Very rich economy same as other league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Actually, in the Boards League I've noticed that the economy is set to "VERY RICH". Perhaps if you were to tone this down a little bit it should hopefully give considerably more value to money which means managers have to be far more frugal, and if they aren't then they will find the game increasingly difficult to play.

Taken from SM Help section:
    Economy Level - Choose the strength of your Game World economy. This in relation to how much money enters your Game World in the form of TV Revenue, Gate Receipts, Prize Money etc. This will not affect the funds each club will start with on creation of the Game World;

This will also help counteract the so-called "hoarding" of players too.

55 Players max
    I'm on the phone, could you throw up the options Wilberto and we can have a look. It's a good idea IMO

Wilberto wrote: »
    This will also help counteract the so-called "hoarding" of players too.

Will it?

To me, it's the starting funds which allow teams to start the hoarding. It would take months of real time play to get enough cash from the factors listed before you could start buying big players.

If it affected the starting budgets, well and good, but a lot of teams will need the ticket sales, Tv revenue etc that let people gain money long term...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm on the phone, could you throw up the options Wilberto and we can have a look. It's a good idea IMO

I can't. All I can see is what I've quoted from them! But I'd imagine it goes allong the scale of:

VERY POOR --> POOR --> NORMAL --> RICH --> VERY RICH

55 Players max
    Will it?

To me, it's the starting funds which allow teams to start the hoarding. It would take months of real time play to get enough cash from the factors listed before you could start buying big players.

If it affected the starting budgets, well and good, but a lot of teams will need the ticket sales, Tv revenue etc that let people gain money long term...

And to pay player wages. Massive disadvantage to smaller teams this would add. Bigger teams have a lot more gate receipts, thus pay higher wages, but smaller clubs would not be able to compete.

Prize money is miserable anyway, even with very rich economy.

My gate receipts in div 2 in the other league with very rich economy is only 600k. Any less and I would not be able to compete.

Will it?

TBH, I'm with you on the whole "hoarding" issue anyway. It's not such a big issue in our GW as most of these player are only worth 10k anyway and are bought because nobody else wants them!!

So you're probably right in that regard as it does say that "This will not affect the funds each club will start with on creation of the Game World". However, as you can gather by the way I said "so called hoarding" I'm not putting too much weight on that argument!

55 Players max
    OK, gonna set it up now. Anyone else want to add anything?

tonic wine wrote: »
    And to pay player wages. Massive disadvantage to smaller teams this would add. Bigger teams have a lot more gate receipts, thus pay higher wages, but smaller clubs would not be able to compete.

Prize money is miserable anyway, even with very rich economy.

My gate receipts in div 2 in the other league with very rich economy is only 600k. Any less and I would not be able to compete.

Except if you think about it, the bigger teams have all the better players, meaning they'll have to either fork out considerably more on player wages than smaller teams, or sell some of the quality players to reduce the wage bill.

Also, if you're trying to put the smaller teams on a level footing with the bigger teams then you're going to automatically fail simply because they are smaller clubs. It's always going to be harder to achieve success at a smaller club than one of the bigger clubs no matter what rules you have in place.

I think a major problem here is that a lot of the managers almost expect to be able to produce instant results no matter what team they have. It doesn't work that way. It can't work that way. And if it did work that way then I'd be the first one to say "I'm out".

• Advertisement

55 Players max
    OK, gonna set it up now. Anyone else want to add anything?

Hurry up :p:D

Advertisement