Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squad Cap for new League

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

50 Players max
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Except if you think about it, the bigger teams have all the better players, meaning they'll have to either fork out considerably more on player wages than smaller teams, or sell some of the quality players to reduce the wage bill.

But teams like, say cork, will never be able to afford wages for decent players if the economy isn't rich.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If there was a way to balance it or handicap bigger teams, fair enough. But lowering the gate tickets, TV revenue etc would also lower it for lower teams too. It's not that it would put them on an even footing; it would hurt everyone across the board really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

55 Players max
    So the draw is done

Rules are;

45 man team as per the poll above (we need to sort the loan system...)
    SM monitoring on
    externals can loan in players but not out
    unmanaged league teams cannot sell
    login in time; 14 days
    managers don't get sacked

Anything else?

50 Players max
    So the draw is done

Rules are;

SM monitoring on

Anything else?

Two week log in limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

60 Players max
    So the draw is done

Rules are;

SM monitoring on
    login in time; 14 days
    managers don't get sacked

Anything else?
    Economy level?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I couldn't give a hoooo haaa!
    Seaneh wrote: »
    But teams like, say cork, will never be able to afford wages for decent players if the economy isn't rich.

Yes, but that's why 93.5% have chosen at least a "biggish" club. The other 6.5% just want a challenge. Personally, I'd find it quite uninteresting to pick a team that I have zero fondness for. So I decided to choose my local team. A team close to my heart.

55 Players max
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Economy level?

Low (poor), middle or high(rich)?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Is it selected yet, because I can feel another poll coming on!!! :D:D:D

55 Players max
    Not yet, nope. If ye want a poll that's fine

50 Players max

High. Makes feck all difference anyway.

• Advertisement

High. If everyone has access to more money, it helps everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

55 Players max
    Is it selected yet, because I can feel another poll coming on!!! :D:D:D

Feck off delaying things :D

If it makes "feck all difference" why not set it to low or middle in order to try and compare it to the official Boards league.

If it makes "feck all difference" why not set it to low or middle in order to try and compare it to the official Boards league.

Personally, I'd believe that people should have as much money as possible to experiment with.

60 Players max
    High please

tonic wine wrote: »
    Feck off delaying things :D

Honestly, the way some decisions are being rushed through with little or no debate maybe a little delay is exactly what we need. People were complaining about issues in the Boards league so we need to ensure the same things don't happen again. Now is the time to see if we can prevent the same issues from "popping up" in this new league.

Personally, I'd believe that people should have as much money as possible to experiment with.

Ah, but how many times did we see managers in the other league posting that "money is useless". Do we really want to reach that point again with this gameworld??

50 Players max
    Ah, but how many times did we see managers in the other league posting that "money is useless". Do we really want to reach that point again with this gameworld??

There is half as many teams and a squad cap. Its not the same. The market will always be active in this league.

55 Players max
    There is half as many teams and a squad cap. Its not the same. The market will always be active in this league.

We hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

50 Players max
    45 for now lads please we can always put it up again if we need more lets start this world small and steady:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

55 Players max
    Except if you think about it, the bigger teams have all the better players, meaning they'll have to either fork out considerably more on player wages than smaller teams, or sell some of the quality players to reduce the wage bill.

Yes, but they have bigger stadiums to generate the extra revenue required to have a 90+ team.

That will not be possible for most other teams if you have Low revenue and an average attendance. You build a team with good potential that develop and get a few rises, but have to sell them to bigger clubs because you can't afford to keep them due to poor economy level setting.

An essentially unenforceable squad cap. Don't get me wrong, I know everyones saying that they won't do business with anyone who goes over it but it is only a "gentlemans agreement" after all. ((One that I certainly tend to abide by of course!)) But we still don't actually know how rigidly that will be complied with.

50 Players max
    An essentially unenforceable squad cap. Don't get me wrong, I know everyones saying that they won't do business with anyone who goes over it but it is only a "gentlemans agreement" after all. ((One that I certainly tend to abide by of course!)) But we still don't actually know how rigidly that will be complied with.

now who's the pessimist?

now who's the pessimist?

The fact remains that anyone who even mentioned the words "Squad Cap" over in the other thread, it was almost immediately followed by another post containing the words "impossible to enforce." Yet somehow, everyone seems quite sure that everything will be different in this shiny new gameworld.

50 Players max
    The fact remains that anyone who even mentioned the words "Squad Cap" over in the other thread, it was almost immediately followed by another post containing the words "impossible to enforce." Yet somehow, everyone seems quite sure that everything will be different in this shiny new gameworld.

Because the majority of people in the other world don't post here is why it can't be enforced in the other world.

Because the majority of people in the other world don't post here is why it can't be enforced in the other world.

No, it can't be enforced because it doesn't become within the remit of SM. We are operating on the basis of a "Gentleman's Agreement" as I said. That's not enforcement.

50 Players max
    No, it can't be enforced because it doesn't become within the remit of SM. We are operating on the basis of a "Gentleman's Agreement" as I said. That's not enforcement.

Waahwaahwaah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It can be agreed by all, the problem will always be the enforcement of it. There is nothing that can really be done if someone decides not to be a gentleman in the agreement and go against it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

55 Players max
    It can be agreed by all, the problem will always be the enforcement of it. There is nothing that can really be done if someone decides not to be a gentleman in the agreement and go against it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
    The only thing we can do is not buy or sell from them, but the lads are right, it'll be hard to enforce but I'm hoping it'll work out

• Advertisement

60 Players max
    The only thing we can do is not buy or sell from them, but the lads are right, it'll be hard to enforce but I'm hoping it'll work out

also, with all the concerns people have around this and starting squads/players on loan, etc ... would it not be prudent to go with the higher value if there is a draw in the results, currently 45 and 50 are on 10 votes a piece ...

Advertisement