Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop looping before windows starts

Options
  • 19-10-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Made a bit of boo boo last night and have been trying to rectify it since,

My Hard drive died a few weeks back and I reinstalled windows on a new drive and all was fine, unfortunately I have lost my key to activate windows again so I downloaded a 3rd party activator last night.

The activator restarted my laptop and since then is stuck in a pre boot loop, it looks like it cant see windows or its not being allowed load windows, as its not getting past the Lenovo on screen print out. I can get into GRUB options and from here I have tried some choices, "Windows with SLIC Loader" is default and doesnt work, "Windows without Loader" will allow me to boot into windows and from there I tried a system restore to before installing the Key gen activator with no luck it still loops pre boot.

Anybody have any ideas? Is it possible to make "Windows without Loader" the default option on boot up? and what implications would this have?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Contact Microsoft/the manufacturer for assistance. Your Windows key should be at the base of your laptop on a sticker. This isn't the place to ask about pirate programs. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement