Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I drop Chemistry for Biology? (5th Year)

Options
  • 19-10-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've been doing Chemistry for a month, and I hate it. My teacher treats me like an idiot, even finishes my sums for me. She's moving me to the front of the class like what they do in first year, and claims it's because she's 'losing me'. I get what's going on in class and got an a and b in the fist two tests. But I hate the subject.
    I do all Higher Level subjects and my choice ones are German, Maths, Physics, Accounting and of course Chemistry. I got b's in all these subjects in the junior cert except an a in german, but we had to choose our subjects before we even did the mocks.
    Has anyone any advice on whether I should take up Biology now?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Ask the biology class you would be moving to about their teacher first, but I don't see why not. A bad teacher can totally ruin a subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

If you really dont like it I say move simply because you wont work at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 riaburke22

i did chemistry until christmas of fifth year and haaaaated it so after the christmas test I moved into biology, it's much nicer! only advice is to move as soon as possible so you don't miss out on anymore more of biology as i'm in leaving cert now and struggling to grasp the chapters the class studied between september and january last year! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

riaburke22 wrote: »
    i did chemistry until christmas of fifth year and haaaaated it so after the christmas test I moved into biology, it's much nicer!

Keep in mind that will be specific to you. My friend did the exact opposite (moved to chemistry) and she much prefers it. Do your research, OP.

Advertisement