Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feline aids or distemper?

• 19-10-2013 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that people can just let me know about their experiences or knowledge with either of the above, for cats. My cat started vomiting and having diarrhoea during the night and I just discovered it this morning, he continued to vomit and have diarrhoea so I brought him to the vet when they opened.

He is now being treated with antibiotics and fluids. He doesn't have a fever but the vet said that his blood test has come back with a very low white blood cell count and the vet thinks that feline AIDS is a real possibility. I'm so worried about my cat and I'm just looking for any advice or experience of feline aids.

I googled causes of low white blood cell counts in cats and his symptoms fit more with panleucopenia but that can be fatal within 24 hours so now I'm even more worried.

The vet is sending another blood test to an outside lab but I don't know how long it will take to get the results back and my poor cat is being kept at the vet's for the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Hey, so sorry to hear of the news of your cat. How is your cat now? My cat passed away a few months ago to feline aids, we had no idea she had had it for so long :/

Advertisement