Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennels Dublin

• 19-10-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a really good kennels in the Dublin region? I've two dogs(mother and 4 month old pup) I'm looking for accommodation for the 26th 27th and 28th of this month.

They live inside, sleep on the couch and go for one-two hour walks twice a day with regular toilet breaks and a lot of human contact. Would ideally be looking for something similar to cover the weekend.

Any idea's?

On a related note I've used Seasus Brophy outside Nenagh and would highly recommend him. http://www.feebroithe.com/ Although he was difficultish to contact as he didn't answer his phone straight away, class A operation in every other respect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If you're walking the 4 month old pup 2 hours a day it's WAY too much.

Anyhoos how far do you want travel? Also do you want a kennel or more of a home boarding setup where the dogs are inside on a couch all day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

And where in Dublin? North, South, city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Used this crowd when our dog was on holidays http://www.irps.ie/ they are in lusk.

The people looked after the dogs obviously care for the dogs as they were able to pick up on the unique aspects of our dog( she thinks she is pretty human like she needs hugs). Plus her coat was glossy and she hadnt lost any weight and we actually seen the dogs being walked. The kennels are pretty big and secure(there is about 3 gates before you get to the dogs)

Our vet gave us a list of kennels he recommends and this was one. There was another one in North County Dublin which our vet wouldn't recommend at all(he called us to make sure we didnt select it) and when I called them out of desperation( we left booking a kennel quite late), the owner was a **** to deal with and I have near been so respected on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ladylikes

I would advise checking out kennels before leaving your pet. Some of them are in it for the money. Beware if they don't want you to visit the kennels
    - this is sometimes covered up by 'free pick up and return'. My daughter had a bad experience recently with one of these - they were ok about picking up but could not return on the agreed date and avoided my daughter going to the kennel. The puppy arrived back dirty and scared without all toys, bed and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

Hey everyone, found a kennel anyway. http://deerfieldkennels.ie/ in Rathfarnham, great set-up lovely people and the dogs were really well looked after.

I've had them in for day care since and they were super excited once they saw the owner, which is always a good sign!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ladylikes

Good to know about. Nothing beats the dog's own vote! The DSPCA hotel and spa - really that's what they are called - are really good too the animals are cared for and come back happy and even groomed

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

Ladylikes wrote: »
    Good to know about. Nothing beats the dog's own vote! The DSPCA hotel and spa - really that's what they are called - are really good too the animals are cared for and come back happy and even groomed

I've tried a good few times to get in there buts its always full up, so they must be doing something right alright!

Deerfield Kennels have a facebook page through which they post LOADS of pics of your dog during their stay, even if its just for daycare(which they also do btw.) and that's really reassuring.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

If I have time to get to Glencullen, I go there - lovely couple with large area that really spoil the dogs!

Deerfield are good as well - not quite as large an area, but animals are very well cared for (slightly more expensive, but more central location).

DSPCA are also excellent - but often booked well in advance. Also a little more expensive - but considering the hard work that they do its worth it!

Advertisement