Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gaming community

Options
  • 19-10-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi people Im looking to start an Irish gaming community, Wanna make it as big and playing as many games as possible as in my opinion our gaming community's are quite small and sparse, I am willing fund any guild costs in terms of voice chat servers or renting game servers etc.

Pobail Cluiche na hÉireann. We are an Irish based gaming community. Our goal is to create a fun, safe and successful Irish gaming community as there aint many out there for Irish PC gamers. The guild/clan/community is not aimed at being a one game clan, we would like to have many players from Ireland and abroad no matter what game it is you play. If you would like to join the community simple fill out the application at the website.

You can visit us at EIREGAMING.GUILDLAUNCH.COM

Thanks for your time -Flan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Hi people Im looking to start an Irish gaming community, Wanna make it as big and playing as many games as possible as in my opinion our gaming community's are quite small and sparse, I am willing fund any guild costs in terms of voice chat servers or renting game servers etc.

Pobail Cluiche na hÉireann. We are an Irish based gaming community. Our goal is to create a fun, safe and successful Irish gaming community as there aint many out there for Irish PC gamers. The guild/clan/community is not aimed at being a one game clan, we would like to have many players from Ireland and abroad no matter what game it is you play. If you would like to join the community simple fill out the application at the website.

You can visit us at EIREGAMING.GUILDLAUNCH.COM

Thanks for your time -Flan

What games are you currently playing and why would I want to apply ?

This has been done before many times in one form or another, the reason it normally never works is due to the player base being to small to maintain regular play.

Not that I'm not saying it can't work but I'd recommend more info on what yas currently play ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

best of luck to ya man, but it's gonna be tough.From my experience you might be better getting a clan or guild together with a few friends first and when you grow to a big enough clan, start with the website thing then.There's a few sites and big enough communities started on boards by doing the same thing. There's the GaelLords community that started on DayZ and Arma from lads playing together on boards and another one that did the same on bf3.
    Part of a few communities myself and can tell you it's hard to get people involved and even harder to keep people playing.the main site I use ,started off with a few servers rented on bf3 on the xbox and their main selling point was over 30's only and no drama. Majority of us on it were part of other communities but were sick of kiddies and drama ,so we had a common interest to bring us together. You really need a unique selling point and a core team behind you if you want to succeed.You need champions that will go to various sites and promote you, organize regular gaming nights, as people generally won't just start playing with strangers unless it's arranged and some one is there to pull it all together.
    It's alot of work and can cost a fair bit of moolah. Maybe you'd be better off finding a pre existing community to get involved with and help them out there or go to what ever game you're playing at the moments board on boards.ie and see if there's any one there that would be interested in playing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Sound like a great idea, but like a few people mentioned sustaining the big enough player base would be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Good luck to you, as someone who used to run regular gaming events, it would be interesting to see something like this return.

However, dont try to be too big from the start, that could end things before they start. As mentioned above, you are probably better off building a base clan/guild and taking it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Maybe setup a steam community as you can see who is playing what.

• Advertisement
Advertisement