Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical illness insurance, is there time frame for claim

Options
  • 19-10-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Don't know if this the right forum but please move if not Mods.
    Had a Heart valve replacement just a little over 3 years ago.
    Just today noticed on house insurance policy that we have critical illness
    cover that includes operation I had.
    Was wondering do any of intelligent people on Boards know if there is a time frame in which I should have claimed or does this vary with different insurers.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Do you mean that you have critical illness cover on your mortgage protection (life insurance) policy?

If so, check out your policy documents it will confirm the t+c's, but personally i have seen payments made years after the actual illness occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Helium wrote: »
    Don't know if this the right forum but please move if not Mods.
    Had a Heart valve replacement just a little over 3 years ago.
    Just today noticed on house insurance policy that we have critical illness
    cover that includes operation I had.
    Was wondering do any of intelligent people on Boards know if there is a time frame in which I should have claimed or does this vary with different insurers.
    Thanks in advance.

As the other mentioned, you need to check the T&C for your policy, but many require prior notification for planned surgery. Obviously not for emergency procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Helium

Thanks for replies. Need to find T&C, as I have misplaced them. Sure I'm sure if I ring insurers (Mortgage protection) they'll let me know.
    Just it being the weekend and all was bit anxious to find out.

Advertisement