Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having difficulty sending private messages

Options
  • 19-10-2013 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

Twice recently I have been told I can't send PMs. Both times I get a message saying the recipient has chosen not to receive PMs but since one of them is a representative of a hosted company here and requested I PM her I doubt that to be the case.

Can someone look into it for me? Thanks. (Originally posted in feedback thread but was redirected here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Twice recently I have been told I can't send PMs. Both times I get a message saying the recipient has chosen not to receive PMs but since one of them is a representative of a hosted company here and requested I PM her I doubt that to be the case.

Can someone look into it for me? Thanks. (Originally posted in feedback thread but was redirected here)

Sometimes Reps have a joint account where they can all receive private messages and therefore have private messages turn off for themselves.

Other people simply choose not to have private messages turned on, more of a personal preference I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Sometimes Reps have a joint account where they can all receive private messages and therefore have private messages turn off for themselves.

Other people simply choose not to have private messages turned on, more of a personal preference I suppose.

Yeah that seems to have been the case with the rep. As for the other one I'm not sure. The main issue is resolved anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It would be good if when you PM'd an individual rep, it routed to the company's pm account

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    It would be good if when you PM'd an individual rep, it routed to the company's pm account
    Some of the Talk to Forums have a group inbox set up, some of them do not - it depends on their own preferences/needs. It works well for some and for others, individual PM inboxes work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Some of the Talk to Forums have a group inbox set up, some of them do not - it depends on their own preferences/needs. It works well for some and for others, individual PM inboxes work fine.

Sorry, I wasnt clear. I was more referring to when the individual rep is set up to not receive PM's, it automatically forwards to the group inbox

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement