Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oversewn lawn advice needed

• 19-10-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Evening all,

I recently lifted almost all my moss and thatch out of my lawn which left me with a lot of bare patches. I airated the soil and then spread a good volume of seed. I rolled the garden and made sure the lawn stayed damp throughout.

The seeds are down almost 2 weeks and taking very well. However in the last two days there has been a good few leaves coming from neighbouring tree and I'm not sure if and how to deal with them.

Should I just leave them and keep traffic on the lawn to a minimum or hand pick them up, or is it safe to use a leaf rake to gather them?

Any advice would be greatly received!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I'd let them build up a bit to avoid walking on the lawn too often. If you happen to have a couple of long boards or planks lay these down to walk on so they distribute your weight. Instead of a rake use a long handled brush to avoid tearing he seedlings out. Try to just lightly skim above the grass if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

Would a garden vac blowing the leaves off be safe?? Could do that without stepping on lawn.
    redser7 wrote: »
    I'd let them build up a bit to avoid walking on the lawn too often. If you happen to have a couple of long boards or planks lay these down to walk on so they distribute your weight. Instead of a rake use a long handled brush to avoid tearing he seedlings out. Try to just lightly skim above the grass if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Yes if you have one. That would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Villan11

Will borrow one, many thanks!
    redser7 wrote: »
    Yes if you have one. That would be ideal.

Advertisement