Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Update wiped my laptop

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

lol windows 8.1 update bricked their own surface RT & surface pro tablets. ms had to pull the update

:confused::confused::confused:

That's news to me, I heard about RT a few days ago all right, but I didn't know Surface Pro was affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

**** I've just finished the update to 8.1.
    It's a new laptop though and I have nothing useful on it yet.
    It did warn me that all previous "apps" would be deleted though.
    Are Apps and Programs now the same thing?
    Seems as though chrome has been removed along with spotify, or were they apps :confused:

Oh and if someone could help me with something actually it would be great.
    My Asus Zenbook Prime came with loads of ****ty bloatware, which I removed anyway before the update. But now the trackpad software is missing too.
    I'm unable to scroll with it and all that good stuff. Do I just need to download it from their site again or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Do I just need to download it from their site again or something?

Go to the ASUS support website and check if there's an updated touchpad driver for your model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Torqay wrote: »
    Go to the ASUS support website and check if there's an updated touchpad driver for your model.

OK thanks :)

Advertisement