Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specialized Trivent sport VS Northwave Tribute opinions..

Options
  • 19-10-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

In the market for a new tri shoe at the moment with a max budget of 150 but would preferably prefer to stay on the lower end of that scale. Im looking at either the specialized trivent or northwave tributes. Have found a few reviews online for both but nothing fantastic by any means. So far as I can tell the specialized are supposed to be well ventilated, more so than the northwave`s, but are not classed as being near as comfortable. Also, the specialized have been reported to be a bit on the narrow side as well which worries me slightly as the reason I am changing, is my last shoe, Pearl Izium Try Fly 3`s, were too narrow, however the northwaves have been reported to be very sweaty with limited ventilation. Anyway, im looking to see if anyone on here has had either shoe in the past, or present, and their opinions on either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Don't skimp on shoes. They are the most important contact point and impact comfort and power generation.

I have had a pair of spesh trivents for years (6+) and they are in great nick still. Well ventilated and comfy.

I find them wide.

I think when looking at shoes you need to consider the body geometry aspect of spesh shoes. In build wedges for me mean I can never use a different brand (and I've tried extremely expensive euro shoes)

I have spesh MTB shoes, spech trivents, old old Sworx road shoes and new Sworx shoes.

Cannot recommend spesh shoes highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

No experience of Spesh but I have a pair of NW and they are gathering dust as I found them very uncomfortable.

Advertisement