Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation XE - Bootloader Unlocked... cannot root

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Have you tried this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Why did you change DNS?

Condi wrote: »
    Changed the Data DNS servers from 3 Ireland's rickety servers to Google DNS.

How does one do that? What's the advantages?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Do you have a link to the thread you followed? I remember before I tried it a couple of times and it required a tailored file, depending on the phone company you were with, mine is with o2 ireland and i couldn't get anywhere trying the o2 uk version....you didn't happen to find a universal rooting procedure?

EDIT 1: Think it was unlocking the bootloader I couldn't do, looking into it again....

EDIT 2: realise it was because i wasn't copying the first and last line of that code! where it says code starts here and ends here...but not it's taking ages for the final page to load up when it' suppose to email you the binary code...so my optimism is fading!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I have it rooted now :-) got website working in Internet explorer...
    Feel so stupid for not copying the first and last line of that code! Sometimes explaning your problem helps you think clearer!

Used this to root:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2455114

Tomorrow I can update my android :-) The phone has been slugish and I blame all the stuff o2 had on it!

Hopefully my stupidity can help out somebody else!

Advertisement