Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pool in Ross

Options
  • 19-10-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering is the new pool in Ross open and if not when is it due to be open
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

"The Apex" eh?

Looks miles better than the pool near the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

I spoke to the one of the owners of the contractors who built the place. He said that is was one of the finest jobs they have worked on in years. Massive space inside and out. All top notch gear inside from the filtration plants to the design of the changing halls. Sounds very impressive. Looking forward to it's opening.

Also I'm looking forward to what offers they will have on the Gym Gym/Pool membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

cabledude wrote: »
    I spoke to the one of the owners of the contractors who built the place. He said that is was one of the finest jobs they have worked on in years. Massive space inside and out. All top notch gear inside from the filtration plants to the design of the changing halls. Sounds very impressive. Looking forward to it's opening.

Also I'm looking forward to what offers they will have on the Gym Gym/Pool membership.

Facility opening next Saturday, manager appointed a few months ago and I haven't seen one add about membership anywhere - nothing on twitter or Facebook either about rates. Doesn't inspire me with confidence. The fact that the whole place has been sitting there idle for months now doesn't either I have to say !.

• Advertisement

Squiggle wrote: »
    Facility opening next Saturday, manager appointed a few months ago and I haven't seen one add about membership anywhere - nothing on twitter or Facebook either about rates. Doesn't inspire me with confidence. The fact that the whole place has been sitting there idle for months now doesn't either I have to say !.
    It really is joke, isn't it. The main contractor told me in Mid MAy that they were finishing snagging and would be handing over keys in 1 week. Its November in a weeks time. The manager should have been appointed when the final fixing was being done. The manager then should have been tasked with getting the place ready for business a.s.a.p. One of the best summers in my life time and this fantastic facility was closed. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Must be trying to get the urine up to the optimum level

oldyouth wrote: »
    Must be trying to get the urine up to the optimum level
    Yea, there are those that will p1ss all over everything.

Anyone know what time its opening Saturday , so I can avoid the mob of local politicians jostling for ego positions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

10am according to Facebook.

• Advertisement

1385430_432524966852172_1633466679_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

1385430_432524966852172_1633466679_n.png

Tasty rates there...check out the FB page, getting plenty of comments re the prices. I know its top quality facility but think the membership rates are way too high and say they will struggle to sign up the numbers they have aimed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know what time its opening Saturday , so I can avoid the mob of local politicians jostling for ego positions ?

And Kehoe will be top of the line don't you know

66_Lad wrote: »
    Tasty rates there...check out the FB page, getting plenty of comments re the prices. I know its top quality facility but think the membership rates are way too high and say they will struggle to sign up the numbers they have aimed for.

Too right. The comparison vs Wexford pool prices is pretty stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Too right. The comparison vs Wexford pool prices is pretty stark.

I work for a company in Wex town and I asked Whites Hotel for a corporate rate offer for pool only for a yr...was getting 216 for the yr vs 425 in the Apex and Whites is extremely nice also. Rejoined Whitford due to location (can go at lunch for session ) in the end and got it for 275. Can't justify over 400 for pool only imo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 She bangs She bangs

Bit of a reaction on facebook to the prices from the people of new ross.......people are not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Looks like a bit of momentum gathering for a protest tomorrow. Will the politicians cry off the photo opportunity? Will they f**k

Bit of a reaction on facebook to the prices from the people of new ross.......people are not happy.
    Undoubtedly the understatement of the year. People are livid. There is going to be a big protest tomorrow at the opening. Whoever came up with that pricing structure are morons.

DSC00030_zpsdf39375a.jpg

If this headline is to be believed , it would contradict a lot that has been said about New Ross people unwilling to work on other threads

The general consensus on the ground is that the jobs are just not there / no vacancies anywhere.

There will always be a section of locals that are not willing to work / apply for jobs , but the main reason in the current climate is that the jobs are simply not there .

But if 700 people apply for one vacancy ,it shows the commitment of many to continue jobseeking .

DSC00030_zpsdf39375a.jpg

If this headline is to be believed , it would contradict a lot that has been said about New Ross people unwilling to work on other threads
    Haven't seen much of this on Boards.ie to be honest. What thread is it in?
    The general consensus on the ground is that the jobs are just not there / no vacancies anywhere.
    Correct.
    There will always be a section of locals that are not willing to work / apply for jobs , but the main reason in the current climate is that the jobs are simply not there .
    You'll get that in every town/village/city/community/tribe etc. There are many in New Ross that WILL NOT work. But there are multiples of that number that WANT more than anything to work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

do they have coin operated lockers? or do you bring your own lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

hypersonic wrote: »
    do they have coin operated lockers? or do you bring your own lock?

€1 coin operated.

The Apex has a new special offer :

Fiver Friday

Use the pool or gym for Only €5 any Friday between now and Christmas.

And that's not all, it's only €10 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. that's half price!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

The Apex has a new special offer :

Fiver Friday

Use the pool or gym for Only €5 any Friday between now and Christmas.

And that's not all, it's only €10 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. that's half price!

Do you know if the family deal is also only applicable on Fridays between now and Christmas, or does it apply every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 She bangs She bangs

They had to do something. Hardly any cars in the carpark most times I pass.

marob1969 wrote: »
    Do you know if the family deal is also only applicable on Fridays between now and Christmas, or does it apply every day?

Fridays only as far as I know

Roof of pool badly damaged in todays windstorm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQmfU_O41Q

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cabledude wrote: »
    Roof of pool badly damaged in todays windstorm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQmfU_O41Q

Someone other than mother nature has to be to blame for this??

I understand the winds were exceptional but buildings of 100+ years remain intact whilst this brand new building received serious damage.

Hate to be the architect, engineer, planning or design consultant or builder - a tad embarrassing imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

vicwatson wrote: »
    Someone other than mother nature has to be to blame for this??

I understand the winds were exceptional but buildings of 100+ years remain intact whilst this brand new building received serious damage.

Hate to be the architect, engineer, planning or design consultant or builder - a tad embarrassing imo.

and you missed the biggest culprit of them all there, the subcontractor who installed the roof. they will be the ones under the biggest pressure.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    and you missed the biggest culprit of them all there, the subcontractor who installed the roof. they will be the ones under the biggest pressure.

FB is rife with unfounded comments like that and assigning blame without evidence could land you and Boards in legal trouble if you're not careful.

It's possible that the roof design wasn't suitable for the wind loads experienced on Wednesday. It's possible that it was adequately designed but that it wasn't built correctly. It's possible that it was designed and built exactly right but there was a defect in one piece of materials which caused a weakness which led to the roof failure. It might have taken just one rivet to fail to allow the wind under some flashing to allow the wind under the sheeting. Once the wind got under it, it was already lost.

Advertisement