Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre hotel

Options
  • 19-10-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a city centre hotel?

Nothing too fancy required, just good location and good breakfast for a few lads out on the beer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

loremolis wrote: »

Nothing too fancy required, just good location and good breakfast for a few lads out on the beer?

The river Lee hotel or the clarion are both really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

"THE SIMON BY THE LEE" hotel should be ok for your needs.

Look up Diageo web site.
    or
    www.drinkaware.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Jury's Inn is probably a fair bet; fairly cheap and basic but central. Maybe Hotel Isaac's too (not sure how much that is). The other central hotels (Clarion, River Lee, Metropole, Imperial) are probably a bit more expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

/Very/ expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

calnand wrote: »
    The river Lee hotel or the clarion are both really nice.

+1 for the river lee. Also the imperial is quiet good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Has to be Jury's inn I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would go for Jurys Inn as well. The Imperial is nice but probably more expensive that Jurys Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

The Jurys Inn is grand but Andersons Quay would be a dodgy enough area late at night.A few months ago i crossed over from the bus station walking over to the Jurys Inn and there was a group of youths loitering and drinking outside the simon shelter shouting over at another group of youths hanging around the green area across the road.Now to be fair i just walked past them and they said nothing to me and they didn't try to start anything but i was thinking if this was a female or elderly tourist then it would have been awful intimidating for them.There's nothing wrong with the hotel itself and the front view rooms have some great views of the city but the area around the hotel can be a bit rough late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Thank you to all above, Jury's Inn it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The Jurys Inn is grand but Andersons Quay would be a dodgy enough area late at night.A few months ago i crossed over from the bus station walking over to the Jurys Inn and there was a group of youths loitering and drinking outside the simon shelter shouting over at another group of youths hanging around the green area across the road.Now to be fair i just walked past them and they said nothing to me and they didn't try to start anything but i was thinking if this was a female or elderly tourist then it would have been awful intimidating for them.There's nothing wrong with the hotel itself and the front view rooms have some great views of the city but the area around the hotel can be a bit rough late at night.

Yeah, on the quay by that shelter can be fairly messy, though in my experience it's generally aggro between themselves, rather than passing strangers.

Unfortunately, you could probably say the same about most of the city centre at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement