Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reep Rewards?

• 19-10-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Www.reeprewards.ie

Anyone know what this is about?

Saw an ad on TV for it tonight. Apparently you download the Reep Rewards app, when you have bought something you take a snap of the receipt and upload it to the app and you earn cash rewards?

I tried to click into the list of participating retailers but it doesn't work. It is an Irish app.

Anyone any idea about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Was wondering the same tbh. Reviews of the app arent great. I do shop and scan so think it might be similar but you only have to take a photo of your receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Picked up a leaflet in Esso last week and downloaded the app. Took a photo of my petrol receipt and got points the following day. Seems to work alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Been using it for a few weeks and the app is pretty flaky.
    I scanned an 80 Euro Esso receipt the other day and it sent the photo / scan of the receipt. I threw out the receipt and then when I realised, a few days later, I had not got any points I checked the app and there was a message saying that there was a problem with my photo - it doesn't keep a backup and my receipt is gone.
    It's crashed and hung a few times also.
    I suppose it doesn't cost anything so I'll keep using it for a while and see how it goes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

App is constantly being updated, as in every day or two; not noticed any frontend changes so can only imagine they're working through bug reports or something.

Its a serious level of faffing compared to the Topaz or Applegreen schemes and only awards on fuel from Esso; but the rewards are somewhat more useful.

The other items you can get points on seem to be the near entire product line of Unilever coupled with a tiny handful of other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

What other retailers can you scan receipts from? Tried to click into the list of retailers but got the error 404 page...

• Advertisement

Homestore&more, Superdry and Art & Hobby come to mind; most of them are anywhere between 25c and a euro back; then for the near random list of groceries its all the main supermarkets but its generally 5c an item and a lot of the time just won't be worth the hassle of even bothering to check.

I currently use a LOT of fuel so really only care about the Esso receipts. Slightly dissapointed as I did a market research survey for Esso on loyalty schemes and assumed it was for Ireland - talked about giving Tesco Clubcard points. Which they've started going in the UK again.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

Anyone got any updates on this app? Seems a good idea. Seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Going to wait and see how others get on with it... Just have a funny feeling there is going to be a hand full of crappy rewards and a few cent back here and there.

It could be another useless service like pigsback or have useless customer service and rewards turn around time like fatcheese.

Im not optimistic on its future to be honest.

Access wrote: »
    Going to wait and see how others get on with it... Just have a funny feeling there is going to be a hand full of crappy rewards and a few cent back here and there. .

Core one is 1c/litre on fuel and at €50 (5000 litres of fuel - which is really quite a lot!) you can get it as cash. Rest of the rewards are... not great. Bit like the old Esso catalogue actually, there's some small home appliances. No mugs or toy cars that I can see.

I imagine that if it flops entirely Esso will have to do something to replace it and rescue point balances - they have all their staff wearing jumpers promoting it and so on.

MYOB wrote: »
    Core one is 1c/litre on fuel and at €50 (5000 litres of fuel - which is really quite a lot!) you can get it as cash. Rest of the rewards are... not great. Bit like the old Esso catalogue actually, there's some small home appliances. No mugs or toy cars that I can see.

I imagine that if it flops entirely Esso will have to do something to replace it and rescue point balances - they have all their staff wearing jumpers promoting it and so on.

Whats core one?

I miss tiger tokens! Remember them?

• Advertisement

Also, if its only one cent back on every litre of fuel its simply not worth it. Fine if you have an esso near you or you are passing one but not worth it if you have to travel to your nearest esso station.

On average it costs 12 to 20 cent per km in our car depending on how i drive/traffic and you 1 cent back per litre saving/cash back or whatever it is would be wiped out travelling to the esso station in my case.

Also, dont know if many have noticed with the esso stations near them, but the couple of esso stations in our town are always slightly more expensive then the other petrol suppliers on average.

So from that i would say the esso rewards make no financial sense and are useless unless you live right near an esso or are passing one on a regular basis.

I do live right beside one ;) (well, not as close as I used to, but its the only station between me and the motorway. Generally its the same price as the Maxol and cheaper than the Tesco.

1c/litre is the highest reward going at the minute; Applegreen's scheme works out at approximately 0.4c/litre if you work back from what they charge in points for a €10 voucher (but you can get €10 vouchers so there's a much quicker payback); Tesco give you 0.5% on the price so about 0.7c/litre (and quickest payback); Topaz can't be figured out in cash value but its very poor and Corrib Oil give 0.1c/litre. (As I said, I use a LOT of fuel so it was worth figuring all this out)

None of these are worth driving out of the way for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

You can always pick up a few receipts on the forecourt :-p

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

1c/litre is the highest reward going at the minute; Applegreen's scheme works out at approximately 0.4c/litre if you work back from what they charge in points for a €10 voucher (but you can get €10 vouchers so there's a much quicker payback); Tesco give you 0.5% on the price so about 0.7c/litre (and quickest payback); Topaz can't be figured out in cash value but its very poor and Corrib Oil give 0.1c/litre. (As I said, I use a LOT of fuel so it was worth figuring all this out)

None of these are worth driving out of the way for.

Yeah, I got a €5 Applegreen voucher mailed to me last December (without requesting it) for 1175 points so it works out at exactly 0.4255c/litre. I was well happy to take it though as that was nearly an entire year's worth of Applegreen points for me so hopefully they do the same again this year. They're also good for providing secondary rewards - I've received a few free car washes from them too.

Cashback is all I'd be interested in from Reep and the fact that it's only provided in multiples of €50 completely puts me off using it.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a €5 Applegreen voucher mailed to me last December (without requesting it) for 1175 points so it works out at exactly 0.4255c/litre. I was well happy to take it though as that was nearly an entire year's worth of Applegreen points for me so hopefully they do the same again this year. They're also good for providing secondary rewards - I've received a few free car washes from them too.

Cashback is all I'd be interested in from Reep and the fact that it's only provided in multiples of €50 completely puts me off using it.

€5 back for a whole years worth of collecting points? That just does not seem worth while to specifically use apple green stations.

fine if the apple green is near you but I wouldn't be travelling across town to avail of any of this.

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't make any sense, unless like said the station is close to where you live/work?

I do agree with you regarding the €50 multiples... you would be forever collecting this amount unless you owned a truck and were a hauler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I like the Topaz system, I have a fuel card so I get 2c off per litre and I get points for their competition each month, I know I don't have a chance to win but there's always a "prize" of something like a coffee & sandwich each month which is ~€5 worth.

Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't make any sense, unless like said the station is close to where you live/work?

No fuel loyalty system covers the cost of going out of your way.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

€5 back for a whole years worth of collecting points? That just does not seem worth while to specifically use apple green stations.

fine if the apple green is near you but I wouldn't be travelling across town to avail of any of this.

I do agree with you regarding the €50 multiples... you would be forever collecting this amount unless you owned a truck and were a hauler.

Totally agree, I only use Applegreen as it's the nearest and most convenient station to me and nearly always the (joint) cheapest in town. I regard loyalty schemes as nothing other than an extra bonus and I wouldn't use them as an influencing factor in which outlet to shop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 octomis

I up loaded a couple of receipts and got no rewards the app is shocking to say the least for something that has an add on TV you would think they would put more effort in development for the app instead or there add very dissapointed with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 9 octomis

Is there a way of contacting these people if your unhappy with the service.

• Advertisement

App hasn't worked to focus the camera for the last two updates (Android 4.1), and its default focus makes them illegible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

App hasn't worked to focus the camera for the last two updates (Android 4.1), and its default focus makes them illegible.

Yep having the same issue here. I'll give them one more update and if it doesn't work it will be deleted. Pretty shoddy that they didn't iron out most of the bugs before they started the main advertising campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I downloaded this yesterday. Kept getting an error. Had to delete and re install. They obviously spent a huge portion of the budget on advertising but very little on the development of the actual app.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭abbeyrock

app doesn't work, very difficult to use, whatever happened to collecting the milk bottle tops, collect 6 million and you get a bbc computer that makes a turtle move around the screen, now thats value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

for a site that's advertising on TV, it all seems unfinished.
    There is a FAQ page and I can't seem to get the links on the bottom of the page to open
    Earn Cash
    By these Brands
    Shop at these Stores
    Buy your Fuel here
    They just bring me back to the homepage.

It seems to be run by a company called Scream Ltd around since 1997 trading as Win/Win
    They say that they have :"Great plans for subsequent versions with game-changing functionality. Snap your Receipt and Reep Rewards."

It appears that the first version needs a bit of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

I would you a garage twice weekly and my routes suit using Esso. My fill up cost approx 60litres and have taken the photos and have approx 400 points already. Has some flaws had to take photos of some receipt twice and in one case 3 times, but for something new on the market I'm will to use it and hope they iron out the flaws.
    I reckon I could get up to the €50 withdrawal in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GigglesGregg

I've been using it for a while and have about 14 euro. Gonna try get to 50 euro and cash out. Seems to be working so far for me.

Though id give it a go and no joy, scanned images with my phone and then nothing, two days later an email asking me to retake the photos, sorry mate i dont keep all my receipts. Fix the bugs and I may be back.

Sorry Gigglesgreg but can you tell me how you got €14 euro already at €.05 per can of beans, maybe you drive a truck or just maybe you work for reep, considering you joined boards.ie 13 days ago hmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is it just me or do we all fall into the web marketers trap when the start a forum with the first sentence " anyone heard of this company/website/app.......and then we see the poster registered about 10 minutes ago. My names bill gates anyone heard of windows xp ????........

abbeyrock wrote: »
    Sorry Gigglesgreg but can you tell me how you got €14 euro already at €.05 per can of beans, maybe you drive a truck or just maybe you work for reep, considering you joined boards.ie 13 days ago hmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

I managed to get about €8 on Esso alone (well, and 20c on Domestos...) before I changed jobs to one where I don't have to drive all over the sodding country - would be nearly €20 now otherwise.

Is there any loyalty cards apps out there that actually work and pay out a decent amount ? and having to wait till I get to €50 to withdraw money could take years and what happens if they go under.

Is there any loyalty cards apps out there that actually work and pay out a decent amount ? and having to wait till I get to €50 to withdraw money could take years and what happens if they go under.

No. The profit margins on fuel for retailers are absolutely tiny so it follows that the loyalty schemes aren't fantastic. I ran through the return rate on the lot of them somewhere on here (probably this thread actually).

The adverts are gone off the tv for this.

Dont know if that means the marketing budget is gone or if its a bad sign for the future of the company

Sounds like a great idea, but I had the same problems as people on here with camera problems, not scanning etc.

I deleted the app in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnny19w

the website isn't available anymore, also the app can't find connection with their servers. Are they out of business?

• Advertisement

They could be experiencing downtime? I still have the app on my phone thanks for reminding me to remove it. It has never worked with my phones camera since day one. It wouldn't allow it to focus at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 johnny19w

gandalf wrote: »
    It wouldn't allow it to focus at all.

I was always allowed to focus. Just by tapping the screen, sometimes few times but still...

Also, appropriate background and lighting was required.

johnny19w wrote: »
    I was always allowed to focus. Just by tapping the screen, sometimes few times but still...

Also, appropriate background and lighting was required.

No I tried that with full lights on. The camera just refused to focus no matter how many times I tapped on the screen. The phone is a Sony Xperia T with no other issues so it had to have been the app not working properly.

Their twitter is still there and was used on Friday. The camera focus stopped working for me after a few versions of the app too; just gave up on it.

Esso should really consider just doing what they're doing in the UK - Tesco Clubcard points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Is it just me or do we all fall into the web marketers trap when the start a forum with the first sentence " anyone heard of this company/website/app.......and then we see the poster registered about 10 minutes ago. My names bill gates anyone heard of windows xp ????........

I am not a web marketer. For your information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been using it for a month or two now. I've accumulated a little over €5 so far, mainly from grocery receipts, and I think one Esso receipt. I had trouble recently where it just wouldn't recognise a Debenhams receipt, even though it was as clear as day. I emailed them through their website and they pushed it through for me.

TBH - I have moderate expectations from things like this. If it takes little effort and there's a chance that I'll get some money at some stage, then I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

I received credit at 8.45pm last night but minutes later I couldn't get a connection. Still down!

Hopefully it will be up and running tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I've had no trouble with the focus. I hope they're not gone bust. I've been using it for a couple of months and have over €14 due to my habit of doing my shopping in small bits nearly every day of the week!

They've radio ads running today and the website is back up anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

App back working for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Their twitter is still there and was used on Friday. The camera focus stopped working for me after a few versions of the app too; just gave up on it.

Esso should really consider just doing what they're doing in the UK - Tesco Clubcard points.

I can see it happening, did a survey on that very topic for irish opinions or one of the other sites a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

calex71 wrote: »
    I can see it happening, did a survey on that very topic for irish opinions or one of the other sites a few months ago.
    It's being trial runned on a few Esso sites on the south side of Dublin

Esso are offering double reep cents on all fuel purchases until the 26th of January starting today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Server down again

Starting to annoy me now

Very poor service for the amount of advertising gone into hyping up the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

you reep what you sow

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

Let face it people...anyone who has analysed this Reep scheme will quickly realise that Esso Ireland were sold a pup, or voluntarily swallowed one.

The facts are;
    1. Your average customer has neither the time or inclination to flaff around with an app on their phone trying to focus and scan a receipt. Do Tesco expect us to scan receipts...? No. Their system is a barcode scan "blip" & your done. Why did Esso not realise this...?
    2. The costs of Esso investing in this scheme mean that the base fuel price has to be higher to absorb the cost overhead. So unless the scheme works well (like Tesco Clubcard) it is generally a lose-lose for Esso & the customer.
    3. The Reep scheme is confusing. Try reading their flyers & publicity information. The word impenetrable comes to mind. The marketing boys on this particular scheme must be just out of school...or left early to set up Reep.
    4. The Reep Rewards App is odd, unstable, and worst of all...it just does not work very well.
    5. Hi. I'm Pete Receipt. Eh hello Pete, What genius conceived you...?

Esso, cut your losses, ditch Reep, join up with Tesco Clubcard, or get a new loyalty system that works just the same.

Reep, (Scream Ltd., trading as Win/Win [Ironic that]), please find something else to do that doesn't involve fooling executives from companies like Esso. Your efforts ultimately result in customers picking up the tab, so more like Win/Lose, with customers being the losers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement