Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reep Rewards?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭itsallok

Oh yeah you're one of those people who expect instant rewards from a reward scheme

This is not a rewards scheme. It is a torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Oh yeah you're one of those people who expect instant rewards from a reward scheme

At this stage, this isn't even a rewards scheme - the one core method of gaining points is gone and the process involved is over-complicated and error prone. The one payout level people want is it an insanely high level - can you name me any other rewards scheme that doesn't start payout closer to a tenner or even lower? 1.50 in most supermarkets.

As a separate issue, some of the stores you get "cents" for shopping in have a habit of stapling credit card receipts to the main receipt, meaning the logo is damaged and it doesn't recognise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Has anyone donated to their local school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Notice in my local esso says esso divorcing reep on the 23rd november so scan your stuff before.i can only scan 2 esso receipts a day,i spend about 200 in petrol per week and ive only received €16 in 6 months. This is insane hashtag cant wait for this divorce to happen.

The guy at the till was coy but said it could be tesco next.

I wonder how theyll give u points?scan clubcard at the till?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

The latest app update is ridiculous, instead of snapping and uploading now you must. Pick the store, when you shopped! Choose the date, type in how much you spent then snap the receipt, crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I snap my receipts on the day I get them and Today is selected as the default so I don't have to change that. I find it as easy as it was before. The real test will be how good the extra cashback offers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

I have only started about a month ago and I'm already up to 4.15 Eur.. have to say the reward choice wasn't great.. might just stick it out until I reach 50 Eur to cash out only another half year or so to go judging by my rate of scanning :(

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

lau1247 wrote: »
    I have only started about a month ago and I'm already up to 4.15 Eur.. have to say the reward choice wasn't great.. might just stick it out until I reach 50 Eur to cash out only another half year or so to go judging by my rate of scanning :(
    the 50 is paid to paypal and they take a commission
    ive had 2 x 50 payout so far, its hard work tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭coolkidirish

I've been doing it for a while, have had cinema tickets and what not back from it. Have about €24 in it at the moment so working up for a €50 cashback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm up to €41.55, have been on it since pretty much the beginning,

I'll be cashing out at €50 and then maybe I'll go again, it's no major skin off my back to scan up the receipts each week, but it does seem they are trying to make it less user friendly, only allowing you go back 1 week etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I snap my receipts on the day I get them and Today is selected as the default so I don't have to change that. I find it as easy as it was before. The real test will be how good the extra cashback offers are.
    I have a stack of receipts that are months old (have aunties/parents/grandparents collecting receipts for me)...I just hit any aul date...I don't think it cross references anything, I would say it's just for their analytics (which will be totally inaccurate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm up to €41.55, have been on it since pretty much the beginning,

I'll be cashing out at €50 and then maybe I'll go again, it's no major skin off my back to scan up the receipts each week, but it does seem they are trying to make it less user friendly, only allowing you go back 1 week etc...
    fletch wrote: »
    I have a stack of receipts that are months old (have aunties/parents/grandparents collecting receipts for me)...I just hit any aul date...I don't think it cross references anything, I would say it's just for their analytics (which will be totally inaccurate)

I read on Twitter that if you have a receipt that's more than a week old you should just leave it at Today. They accept receipts up to 30 days old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's the best earning offer they've had?
    Get 100% Cash Back Cadbury Fairtrade Dairymilk Little Bar 21g in Tesco seems to be the best?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone know what that is about?
    010368294ed690b8b20de02f78e3df1b5f44f6922119cef841efefe6db211cd54bc28ef8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

is it limited to shopping in certain stores or buying certain products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Shop and Scan is much better IMO. With basic weekly scanning and a few surveys I made over £250 in Amazon vouchers on it last year. I know their scanning tech is a bit outdated but at least they have a 3G version now. Tip also if you find the scanning a bit too time-consuming: they have a less complicated scan where you don't need to enter individual prices, just scan and give your total and you get the same points, but you do need to ask for it. If anyone wants a referral give me a shout.

I've not made €250 off them in a year ever before and I've been with them for donkeys at this stage. Close to €150 maybe - 6*12 monthly payments, the Christmas/anniversary/birthday bonuses and a few surveys. Still not a vast amount of work for it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

eamon234 wrote:
    Shop and Scan is much better IMO. With basic weekly scanning and a few surveys I made over £250 in Amazon vouchers on it last year. I know their scanning tech is a bit outdated but at least they have a 3G version now. Tip also if you find the scanning a bit too time-consuming: they have a less complicated scan where you don't need to enter individual prices, just scan and give your total and you get the same points, but you do need to ask for it. If anyone wants a referral give me a shout.

How do you make 250 in a year ? I barely make 100 !! Even after all surveys and bonus points on b'days chrimstmas etc !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

I wonder could you download the app on other devices and use the same receipts on all devices ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

I wonder could you download the app on other devices and use the same receipts on all devices ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 up4fun2day

Never heard of Shop and scan but sounds good....can someone please provide a link I know its an old thread but would still be interested.

As for Reep Rewards I'm quite impressed with it....I'm relatively new to it and yes not every receipt scans but money seems to be building up and hey cant complain getting something for nothing.

Anyway anyone whos new to reep rewards once you download the app you can use the below code to get €2 balance added to their account to get them started off

Code: [Mod edit]

Happy reeping as they'd say at Reep Rewards :)

Kas2010 wrote: »

I'm pretty certain it'd be detected eventually. They are optically recognising the receipts, receipts from most stores have transaction numbers on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

tharmor wrote:
    How do you make 250 in a year ? I barely make 100 !! Even after all surveys and bonus points on b'days chrimstmas etc !!
    I've made €300 in the past year on shop and scan on one account and €200 on another, won a prize draw of €100--- I was delighted with that

Do u get only 39 receipts for a month ?

I've made €300 in the past year on shop and scan on one account and €200 on another, won a prize draw of €100--- I was delighted with that

I really wouldn't admit that publically - having two accounts is a disqualification on both as you're screwing up the statistics completely; and its not hard for them to figure out if they know you had a €100 win.
    tharmor wrote: »
    Do u get only 39 receipts for a month ?

40 grocey and 10 "other", you've obviously scanned one and it'll show 39 then.

This means that without cashbacks, surveys or increased rates for scans you'll get max 8.50 a month off receipts.

L1011 wrote:
    40 grocey and 10 "other", you've obviously scanned one and it'll show 39 then.

Shame i completed 40 last week itself....

Shame i completed 40 last week itself....

I'd imagine that they weren't all your purchases?

That's why its limited, stuffing random data in makes the data they collect worthless to sell. These businesses only exist to sell the statistics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

So I took €50 cashback and received €45. :mad:

Antrim_Man wrote:
    So I took €50 cashback and received €45.

Ya it clearly states that !! 5 processing charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Ya it clearly states that !! 5 processing charge

They keep a fiver for admin LMAO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    They keep a fiver for admin LMAO.
    Never understand companies that do this...like why not just absorb the admin fee into the points system somehow...stuff like this just bothers people.

fletch wrote:
    Never understand companies that do this...like why not just absorb the admin fee into the points system somehow...stuff like this just bothers people.

Yeah and especially when they give cashback but at the end take some portion back as admin fee :p !!

Advertisement