Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps/Navigation & public transport?

Options
  • 19-10-2013 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, apologies if not. Does anyone know if google have any plans to document the public transport in Ireland? So when you ask google for directions and click on public transport it will show you buses, trains etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know about google but National Transport Authority has apps for buses etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

hittheroad.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Joejoebeans

Thanks guys. I knew there were apps for buses etc but I really like the feature in google maps that you can just tap/click somewhere onscreen and get directions to there. I don't like the route planner in the Dublin bus app.

I have been using hit the road and it's great on desktop but I've found it a bit unstable on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

New update of Maps supports transit times for buses and trains. Users can input a departing time and Maps will proceed to pull up schedules and diections.

It's also added Lane Navigation. Filters for Points of Interest.

Saving maps offline has been officially introduced but not offline Nav....yet.

Few other bits.

neowin.net/news/google-maps-updated-with-lane-guidance-offline-maps-and-more

Their's a few recommendations in the comments of that^^^, for offline Nav.

What do peeps use on here?

Advertisement