Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

pablo128 wrote: »
    Is that a Marina Coupe? I think I have a 'Coupe' badge for one of them in my toolbox.

No it's a Hillman Avenger afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam
    lK8pMtV.jpg

ReqLjuj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is that a Marina Coupe? I think I have a 'Coupe' badge for one of them in my toolbox.
    It's an Avenger tarted up to look like its sporty brother the Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

gammygils wrote: »
    No it's a Hillman Avenger afaik

I didn't pay a lot of attention to it at the time because it was in the car park when the Cannonball was arriving at the weekend!

I didn't pay a lot of attention to it at the time because it was in the car park when the Cannonball was arriving at the weekend!
    Nicer car than those rich boys playthings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A few from around Glasnevin /Coolock/Northwood. The Saab was poached from Duke's favourite spot :

IMG-20190910-141845.jpg

IMG-20190911-151803.jpg

IMG-20190911-152644.jpg

IMG-20190911-153922-1.jpg

IMG-20190911-160238.jpg

The corolla is minty mint from what I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭highdef

IMG-20190911-160238.jpg

A rarity and a beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Car going around Thurles for years, finally got s photo of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Nicer car than those rich boys playthings.

There was a few famous lads driving cars at it and I had no idea until I looked stuff online when I got home!

highdef wrote: »
    A rarity and a beauty!

Really? A friend of mine was driving a 97 up to a few months ago, another friend is driving a 97 Corolla.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised you'd mention a 'bloody toyota'.

I'm surprised you'd mention a 'bloody toyota'.

They're great cars and all that but you get quare sick looking at them.. It's hardly a novelty seeing one from the 90's, one from the 60's or 70's? Now that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They're great cars and all that but you get quare sick looking at them.. It's hardly a novelty seeing one from the 90's, one from the 60's or 70's? Now that's a different story.

There's a today I saw a classic thread too might be more appealing to ya.

It's nice seeing common 90's cars on this thread especially since they are only getting scarcer as time ticks by.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I picked up a little something today..

45469682252_98aba0f1df_c.jpg
    Does anyone fancy taking this off my hands? It has brand new tyres, a timing belt kit and is not long serviced. Test is just up but it’s taxed still for a little bit. €100 to anyone on here who reckons they can save it from the scrap heap like I did.

Just picked up a 1 owner 1990 civic that will replace the Alto!

Okay, getting back to this...does anyone want it? I don’t want anything for it, I just don’t want to see it scrapped

Met BonnieSituation last weekend (great chap, dedicated to the cause :D) and took it for a spin and to an NCT. Unfortunately it needs a bit more work than he can take on at the minute with two oldies of his own already. Failed NCT on a loose headlamp, ball joint and one bit of rot on the front passenger floor (which was a surprise to me)

Mechanically it is absolutely spot on, as BS I’m sure will attest to. I’d have every confidence in it going to the other end of the country tomorrow morning

I’m picking up my new Civic tomorrow and really need space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Okay, getting back to this...does anyone want it? I don’t want anything for it, I just don’t want to see it scrapped

Met BonnieSituation last weekend (great chap, dedicated to the cause :D) and took it for a spin and to an NCT. Unfortunately it needs a bit more work than he can take on at the minute with two oldies of his own already. Failed NCT on a loose headlamp, ball joint and one bit of rot on the front passenger floor (which was a surprise to me)

Mechanically it is absolutely spot on, as BS I’m sure will attest to. I’d have every confidence in it going to the other end of the country tomorrow morning

I might possibly be interested Duke.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd take it for my daughter but insurance could be a problem. Best of luck to whoever takes it. Nice offer Duke.

On another note. I saw about 20 MX5s coming down from Donegal today. A good few with NI regs. Probably on, or heading for, a meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It drives as we would expect. The body unfortunately is beyond my capability to be touching with time etc. It's not actually that bad and just needs a patch. But other than that it was a hoot to drive.

That being said, it is a 1990 4-speed kei car so it's some craic spinning it on a motorway and not something for the less than competent/brave, ie. us sorts!

As Duke says, if there was space for it, it wouldn't be going anywhere and as it stands, I'm dealing with the Boat (Carina II) as is, so my hands were tied.

Here's to it motoring for a few years yet.

Speaking of which, spotted this this evening parked outside the local church. Not often you see two of these together!

IMG-20190912-144416.jpg

Nice one! Pretty sure I spotted that in Coolock about 18 months ago, but haven’t seen it since

Sorry, I couldn't resist taking this today.

[IMG][/img]hckNtdm.jpg

• Advertisement

I came across these the other day. I don't live far from Finner camp so I'm guessing it's some kind of military thing.

ASNkMjB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭kyote00

M3/N3 at Blanch this morning

490473.png

ZtMziTX.jpg

eesKtqh.jpg

keegV94.jpg

6EdwkOp.jpg

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd take it for my daughter but insurance could be a problem. Best of luck to whoever takes it. Nice offer Duke.

On another note. I saw about 20 MX5s coming down from Donegal today. A good few with NI regs. Probably on, or heading for, a meet.

It would be a grand little car for a young girl or any learner really, I had my nephew spinning it around a beach near us a few weeks ago and he took to it no problem at all. Unfortunately as you say insurance would hold it back in that regard which is a real pity

Anyway, deal has been agreed with selectamatic thankfully, so it should be safe yet for another while!

It would be a grand little car for a young girl or any learner really, I had my nephew spinning it around a beach near us a few weeks ago and he took to it no problem at all. Unfortunately as you say insurance would hold it back in that regard which is a real pity

Anyway, deal has been agreed with selectamatic thankfully, so it should be safe yet for another while!

Glad that worked out.

Sorry to be "off topic" but if anyone knows of a good 1 litre 2010 + car. let me know.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Glad that worked out.

Sorry to be "off topic" but if anyone knows of a good 1 litre 2010 + car. let me know.

I posted a 2011 Panda in the Bangernomics there only a day or two ago for €1500. It had a bit of a scrape on a back door, but 2 years test and loads of tax. Seems to be gone off DoneDeal now, but I'd keep my eyes out for one of them personally. Good little cars they are.

And in a few years we'll be looking out for the early ones for this thread too :D

I posted a 2011 Panda in the Bangernomics there only a day or two ago for €1500. It had a bit of a scrape on a back door, but 2 years test and loads of tax. Seems to be gone off DoneDeal now, but I'd keep my eyes out for one of them personally. Good little cars they are.

And in a few years we'll be looking out for the early ones for this thread too :D

Thanks for that. Another model We'll look at. her test was cancelled and postponed so she's kinda in limbo at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Spotted in Tuam today

L84a6ukh.jpg

3qjcFT1h.jpg

XxhlDJPh.jpg

uSOZOY0h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Bluebird estate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Minor in Ballanagh, Co Cavan.
    A regular enough sight, daily driver I think.
    ttUR6HL.jpg

Advertisement