Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My brother in law lives in Knocklyon and my father in law lives in Grange in Sligo and between the amount of times over been to both places versus the lack to old things on the road when I'm there, I tell ya, it's fierce frustrating.

No idea how Garzard and Sligo Joe manage it.

I'm in Sligo this weekend and not seen a drop.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My brother in law lives in Knocklyon and my father in law lives in Grange in Sligo and between the amount of times over been to both places versus the lack to old things on the road when I'm there, I tell ya, it's fierce frustrating.

No idea how Garzard and Sligo Joe manage it.

I'm in Sligo this weekend and not seen a drop.

:)

In Tipp myself this weekend. Any amount of old Toyotas still plodding away. Got few pics of a 96 mustang in Nenagh. Will post when I get home to the laptop.

No shortage of yokes around Grange either. Londis filling station or super value car park often come up trumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    In Tipp myself this weekend. Any amount of old Toyotas still plodding away. Got few pics of a 96 mustang in Nenagh. Will post when I get home to the laptop.

No shortage of yokes around Grange either. Londis filling station or super value car park often come up trumps.

Insurance quotes in this country are the only thing known to harm them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Very clean MR2 in Cavan this morning.
    Driving easy, a 00 Hiace absolutely burned by him, and disappeared into the distance!

SupBgHf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Vittu

Toyota what?

20200719_173222.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Marlay Park

520448.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Nenagh is great for older cars, very active club there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Vittu wrote: »
    Toyota what?

Toyota mark ii tourer v

Very similar to a chaser.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Nenagh is great for older cars, very active club there.

Ya. Their president died there lately. Bert Ward. A lovely man. I worked with and was friendly with his two sons on the 80s. His wife has a lovely yellow W123.

Toyota mark ii tourer v

Very similar to a chaser.

Cheers, it looked great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 15

8hBp9yj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Spotted in St Annes today, looked to be in daily use.

volvo-3.jpg

volvo-4.jpg

Saw this at a Lidl

New Lidl Sligo

Londis Grange

Workhorse

Workhorse

He's going the wrong way. I'm to the right. :)

---

Incidentally I was coming out of the Super Valu carpark and I spotted that yellow Mk2 golf with a trailer across the road. Couldn't grab a pictiúr. So yeah, your story checks out :P

Just on the way home to Dublin and caught this in the car park in Super Valu, Grange, Sligo.

Wahey!

520560.jpg

Just on the way home to Dublin and caught this in the car park in Super Valu, Grange, Sligo.

Wahey!

520560.jpg

You should stick that in the bad parking thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Spotted on another page.

Smiley looking chap driving it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

109527529_2688649184791019_6053121054183721286_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8rzPy4ahcL4AX-kdJKb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7a1fb5cc5d62bc12f08f70120d2bb9eb&oe=5F3C1F20
    112624262_2688649458124325_8909863475486933905_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=c9uk69YgiZUAX-6MBtJ&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0a3ffd2010ca5c7e6c21bc8600608896&oe=5F3B5E6F

Wahey!

520560.jpg

That "lived in look".

I was down south with family at the weekend. My mother and my OH decided to tidy out my brother's car while me and him were doing something else. He went off the head when he'd seen what they had done. He reckoned there were 3 years of parking slips and tax discs over the dashboard.

Here's one I took earlier

520655.jpeg

He's going the wrong way. I'm to the right. :)

---

Incidentally I was coming out of the Super Valu carpark and I spotted that yellow Mk2 golf with a trailer across the road. Couldn't grab a pictiúr. So yeah, your story checks out :P

You have me totally lost. I didn't see a yellow golf.

On another note Drive in around SF car park. You'd never kmow what you might see.

You have me totally lost. I didn't see a yellow golf.

No. I was saying I happened to see one in that carpark earlier on after I had initially complained that I never manage to catch any oldies in Grange unlike your goodself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Volvo estate

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    Spotted on another page.

Smiley looking chap driving it....

Hah! I was caught on the wrong day. Not long after that was taken the head gasket went :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Early 146 on the Darndale roundabout today

50142314277_9943bf5eec_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    9KOGUmT.jpg

• Advertisement

20200723_182805.jpg

Advertisement