Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam
    SOcmv1r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

LHD A3 in Wicklow town - number plate surround still has the German dealer name
    Trusty Benz also in Wicklow and an early Prius in Greystones

525541.jpg

525542.jpg

525543.jpg

Galway
    YGugue7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭mikeecho

IMG-20200907-113636.jpg

Here's a pic of a dirty Isuzu I saw today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Mx 5 have really aged well, nearly 30 years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

McCrack wrote: »
    Mx 5 have really aged well, nearly 30 years old

The back definitely. I'm not 100% if the front had though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

tc20 wrote: »
    LHD A3 in Wicklow town - number plate surround still has the German dealer name
    Trusty Benz also in Wicklow and an early Prius in Greystones

A gen 1 Prius is a good spot. Only seen one before. I think less than 20 were originally registered here

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

First gen 01-KE Audi A2 in the Aldi carpark in Maynooth. Couldn't get the camera out in time.

Long time since I saw one in the flesh. Still a fresh looking motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Slightly ot but the mk2 Mondeo has all but vanished from Irish roads, I know the oldest is 19 years old and the youngest is 13 years but I thought it would have some more longevity the primera from the same era is completely gone too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I Was VB wrote: »
    Slightly ot but the mk2 Mondeo has all but vanished from Irish roads, I know the oldest is 19 years old and the youngest is 13 years but I thought it would have some more longevity the primera from the same era is completely gone too.

There is often a few Garda ones parked around Harcourt street. Funny you should mention them though, I was only behind an 02 silver one on Griffith Avenue today. Hadn’t seen one in ages before that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Mk3 mondeo isn't it? Even though 1 and 2 was more or less just a facelift

2.0 petrol were great.
    2.0tddi a faithful lump too.
    1.8 petrol and 2.0tdci not so much.

But ya they're gone very scarce especially compared to the avensis and accord of the time. The vectra would be more common a sight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

There is often a few Garda ones parked around Harcourt street. Funny you should mention them though, I was only behind an 02 silver one on Griffith Avenue today. Hadn’t seen one in ages before that

They would be Mk3's id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd go with Mrk 3 also.

I see the odd one from time to time. I know a lad with an RS one and he keeps it wrapped in bubble wrap.

Even the Mrk 1 Focuses are getting scarce enough now. Compared to before. A neighbors 04 one seems to have died also.

Cloghlan co offaly
    LsABUEl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I'd go with Mrk 3 also.

I see the odd one from time to time. I know a lad with an RS one and he keeps it wrapped in bubble wrap.

Even the Mrk 1 Focuses are getting scarce enough now. Compared to before. A neighbors 04 one seems to have died also.

I get the impression you are on about Focus's and not Mondeo's

Mk3 mondeo isn't it? ................
    2.0tddi a faithful lump too. ................

Noisy and slow as fnck........... 90bhp iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

vectra wrote: »
    I get the impression you are on about Focus's and not Mondeo's

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that the Mondeo that's wrapped in bubble rap is an ST.
    I see very few Mondeo's around tough.

I do find the same with the mrk 1 focus seems to be disappearing near me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Last week...

BFHZge7h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Marino:

IMG-20200906-223826.jpg

M8:

IMG-20200909-204325.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Augeo wrote: »
    Noisy and slow as fnck........... 90bhp iirc.

True but they were reliable and well suited to neglect and abuse. Something diesel saloon cars at the time saw a lot of.

The tdci injector problems caused major headaches for many.

Griffith Avenue, Milltown and Stephens Green all today. Just missing a Carina to complete the line up!

50323841688_8d8c77aeb2_c.jpg

50324511716_a6e7cc083b_c.jpg

50323841553_5d60814397_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Not a car, but this 1991 registered Bonneville was too good to pass up!
    Cavan town.
    9XQHtAT.jpg

Aaaagh, it's a 191 reg...

Old 93 626 in Phibsborough. Looks a bit down at the heel but no doubt still providing stellar service to someone. Have seen it every day this week

50327364693_0de5f18eaf_c.jpg

Was someone looking for a Mondeo?
    Arva, Co. Cavan today.

JUcc2c5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Didn’t get a photo but saw a 22 D in Sandyford today!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Dublin 15

dV0SDZx.jpg

vmByvUJ.jpg

bH941Aw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I would say the road tax is the killer

I would say the road tax is the killer

Yeah, you're at the stage where the road tax is a multiple of the cars worth...
    But replacing it for something the same size , only with lower tax will cost you £3000 ..

• Advertisement

Gents, would any of you be interested in a 1 owner 00 Civic saloon? Only 70k on the clock and runs lovely, but sills are rotten and rear arches are poor too. Free if anyone would like it, otherwise it'll be scrapped. Based in Baldoyle

Advertisement