Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

PhotoEditor-1452520640695_zps7nma0sba.jpg

Immaculate Mk3 Fiesta. Sorry about the poor pic, my camera is on zoom here as it was taking the corner and I wanted to catch the side of this. It was driven by an older gent, and it was clear he looked after it. It truly was gleaming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

davycc wrote: »

Spotted that (I actually have a pic of it there somewhere in this thread a few months back outside that very house).

It has moved only slightly up the road in the last few months. It used to live a few doors up from a friend of mine and when I saw a new car in the garden last September my heart sank! Delighted to see it hasn't fallen to the scrappage scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

DSC_0334.jpg

davycc wrote: »

Looks like 450 would buy this. Must resist!

Have a cynos and Favorit pick up if anyone wants??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Well,

In October 92 the XLi is listed with alarm & immobiliser and electric tilt & slide sunroof as standard over the Xi which had nothing (sunroof not available)

No automatic transmission available, though air con, alloys, CD, and spoiler(!) are optional

It's strange that there wasn't more xi's sold but it seemed to be all xli's. Xli's wouldn't have sunroof as standard. I dunno maybe the jap built were different to English.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

feargale wrote: »
    Hi,
    I asked here some months ago about the year of registration of IE75. A poster very kindly volunteered 1903/1904, but registration began in 1903 and I doubt that 75 cars were registered in County Clare in the first year of registration. Any comments, please?

It wasn't that early, IE44 was issued in late 1906 / early 1907 to a new International car by a Mr John Bianconi in Co Clare, so I imagine IE75 is late 1907 or maybe 1908

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

NickDunne wrote: »
    DSC_0334.jpg

When I was a youngster a woman near me drove on of them, I always wanted one since, 3.0 V6 made by Reliant, the same company that makes the Robin, the Del boy van, some difference between the two, eh?

Ford's Essex V6 if I remember rightly.

I had a spin as a passenger in one two years ago. Lovely lovely cars and much cheaper than your equivalent Capri

PhotoEditor-1452630155776_zpsfutk9zjn.jpg

So I bought the Tipo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

PhotoEditor-1452630155776_zpsfutk9zjn.jpg

So I bought the Tipo..

congrats again! noticed the seller had mysteriously withdrawn the ad:D

Thanks davy. Sure drop down for a look at this one!

Sadly some degenerate tried to hotwire it so there is a wiring issue to be sorted but sure otherwise it will be ready to go back on the road. Updates to follow

So anyway, I'm going to collect the Tipo at the weekend. I'm very excited for it as its a fantastic car. There are only 58 thousand miles on the clock and it has been owned by this gent since April 1999. It is totally original, he even had the original wheel trims in the boot. The owners manuals and service booklet etc is all there. Its a real time warp car

There are also loads of new parts, ball joints, tires etc. He maintained it himself, and I got the impression that he was quite mechanically minded but a local Fiat dealership have done some work on it in the past as recently as last year.

I'm very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Best of luck with the Tipo Duke. My father bought about 6 new ones in a row in the nineties. One was a total lemon that Fiat replaced after a year. The others were great cars. Genuine comfort for 5 adults in a great value package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I had 3 of the Tipo's predecessors, the Ritmo, nippy buggers, and loads of trouble, but liked them, and then got the Tempra, a 1.4 petrol, thirsty yoke, but comfortable, Enjoy your trip back in time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Tidy Vauxhall Nova, lowered and on nice BBS wheels.

The Merc is a daily driver and is a 95 200E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Nova pic didn't load for some reason in previous post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

tc20 wrote: »
    Nova pic didn't load for some reason in previous post

That is tidy rare enough car too, I wanted a 2 door version a few year ago they are very rare tho

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

nice job done on this fourtrak

375105.JPG

DSC_1005_zpsgnxyhbsy.jpg

Picked it up

• Advertisement

DSC_1005_zpsgnxyhbsy.jpg

Picked it up

They are a fresh looking car in fairness seen as it's 22 years old. The clear indicators suits them.

It looks very well.

Just looking at the old NCT certs, it has done 70 miles since the last test. And has been averaging about 1k miles per year for the last few

It looks very well.

Just looking at the old NCT certs, it has done 70 miles since the last test. And has been averaging about 1k miles per year for the last few

Would they suffer much from carbon build up on the valves in dublin?.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Would they suffer much from carbon build up on the valves in dublin?.

I wonder myself, but the emissions seem fine on the NCT certs. Never a fail

I wonder myself, but the emissions seem fine on the NCT certs. Never a fail

Ahh it be grand then It would of shown up.

PhotoEditor-1452950441950_zpsppuzjcmp.jpg

Also Spotted this @ lidl today

Starlet_zpsrxp4jxwk.png

Local Starlet belonging to a neighbour. Posted before but still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Duke drop me a pm if you need parts, I have a few Tempra bits spare :)

Does it have that wonderful 1990's dealership smell when you open the door? Amazingly comfortable cars! :):):)

Thanks fp, everything is okay for now bar a busted steering lock but I'm getting by with a padlock and chain.

It smells of old inside, but is so very comfortable as you say. Class to drive too, very lively

• Advertisement

A coupe of local cars. The Herald is allegedly the car from the cover of the Beatles album 'Abbey Road'

PhotoEditor-1453396157206_zpsmsbmhidz.jpg

PhotoEditor-1453396191693_zps5jrpzk0q.jpg

Advertisement