Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Passed a 60s Aston on the M50 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Passed a 60s Aston on the M50 earlier.

Here we are
    20160314_162954.jpg

20160314_163015.jpg

Sorry about the poor pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That car has gotta be worth serious gold! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Saw a 1978 Mitsubishi Celeste (?) this morning on the M3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They are very rare a lovely car too, it's a coupe version of the 75 lancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Saw it too, lovely in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Scratch that, saw a black Morris Minor in Killester while on lunch. Also black, looked to be beautifully restored, driving about :)

Will anything older turn up like a turnip before the days out...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It's the weather... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Saw 2 nice yokes today, one of those spaceship shaped Citroens on a ZV plate and an early landrover with a Donegal number VIH, both on the N11, too chancy to risk taking a picture even with the cruise control on:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

N17 two days ago.

1959 MG - sorry for crappy photo off the dashcam footage.

380551.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Missed a bloody 92 Micra Van on the Darndale roundabout earlier on today. White with a rear reflector on the bootlid and three piece spoiler..absolute dream machine

But Spotted these a short while later

DSC_1123_zpsiajkilik.jpg

DSC_1124_zpsorjokyi5.jpg

DSC_1125_zpshaupbugp.jpg

And

DSC_1127_zpsyzsd6dwn.jpg

That Bedford is lovely mid 80s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

posted this ages ago but it was a tiny zoomed out pic

iA7QPUx.jpg

YSxMvBp.jpg

jayo26 wrote: »
    That Bedford is lovely mid 80s?

86 I believe it was Jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

86 I believe it was Jayo

I had a car with a reg KZV 941, so near that van reg, mine bit the dust many years ago though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

0hNmcDb.jpg

A few from today. The 106 was something to behold, it looks like it has spent it's entire life under a tree, and it sounded just as it looked! Do excuse the state of my Tipo too..

DSC_1130_zpsj6kv1v1c.jpg

DSC_1131_zpsipqngcb8.jpg

DSC_1132_zpsgscnzrip.jpg

DSC_1134_zpskuaxjxxp.jpg

A few from today. The 106 was something to behold, it looks like it has spent it's entire life under a tree, and it sounded just as it looked! Do excuse the state of my Tipo too..

DSC_1130_zpsj6kv1v1c.jpg

DSC_1131_zpsipqngcb8.jpg

DSC_1132_zpsgscnzrip.jpg

DSC_1134_zpskuaxjxxp.jpg
    What happened the Teapot? Is it the good quality 22 year old paint? They're a grand car in fairness mine was black with the earlier grille and clear indicators. The black definitely hid it's sins better although to be fair the girl who owned it before me looked after it very well.

I'm afraid that is my half hashed attempt at stripping the paint on the bonnet before it gets resprayed. The lacquer had gone bad and was peeling, so it needed to be done. I started it one weekend but never got around to finishing :o I'll leave it to the professionals to finish though (my brother works in a bodyshop and everything, so there really is no excuse for it to be this bad!)

I'm afraid that is my half hashed attempt at stripping the paint on the bonnet before it gets resprayed. The lacquer had gone bad and was peeling, so it needed to be done. I started it one weekend but never got around to finishing :o I'll leave it to the professionals to finish though (my brother works in a bodyshop and everything, so there really is no excuse for it to be this bad!)

Oh lord I hate that... One of those jobs that looks simple enough and about 20 mins into the job and you get that sinking feeling......Why the fcuk did I start this:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

spotted a 91LK Golf today still in regular use

spotted a 91LK Golf today still in regular use

I seen a 90 lada riva this morning too it was also in regular use broke down on side of road you could say it was just like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

colm_mcm wrote: »
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Mine

A Ford Spectron in Coolock industrial estate, 95-G-8027. Never knew such a thing existed. Couldn't get a picture but it was well cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

probably a bit of badge engineering. Looks kind of Mazda to me

wiki says "The Bongo was redesigned in 1983 with new engines. It was also sold by Ford in Asia as the "Spectron" (passenger version) or as the "J80" (cargo model). In Australia, the Bongo was sold by Mazda as the E-series, with Ford also retailing the commercial version as the "Ford Econovan" and the passenger version as the "Ford Spectron" (1983–1990). From 1994 onwards, the Bongo was also sold by Nissan as the Vanette. In South Korea this was built as the Kia Wide Bongo."

Been seeing this Corolla around locally. Very clean bar the wing. A friend of mine has the Punto, only 49k miles. Very very clean bar the door. Tempted to buy it as it's the same colour as my Tipo

DSC_1141_zps6igr5eb9.jpg

DSC_1138_zpsr0okhxmb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Turtle-TM

Saw an 87 white Toyota starlet (?) on the M50 yesterday. Young lad driving it. Reckon he bought it for €100, won't tax insure or nct it and if the cops take it so be it. It was a wreck of a yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Turtle-TM wrote: »
    Saw an 87 white Toyota starlet (?) on the M50 yesterday. Young lad driving it. Reckon he bought it for €100, won't tax insure or nct it and if the cops take it so be it. It was a wreck of a yoke.

Stick a set of superlites on it and you'd get four grand for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Turtle-TM wrote: »

That's a harsh assumption. He's probably too broke after paying 4k on insurance to buy an 08 'for the chape tax'.

Advertisement