Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

A few days ago I was passing through Cootehill Co. Cavan and saw an....Austin Maestro :) Silver, 85-xx reg. It's many years since I've seen one of those on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I've seen that 106 plenty of tines in the northside shopping centre.... Its so shabby looking!

I saw a Citroen CX near Santry, no year but didn't see any other classics today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Body in lovely condition, not a spot of rust to be seen.

tUeRyzT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

In at the Commemorations, a beaut!

DSC_1143_zpszz4z6uhr.jpg

PhotoEditor-1459080251949_zps9cmjcijy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Anyone with an eye for an older car, who has travelled the N3 to Cavan town, will recognise these two long term roadside residents!

k0oIRN3.jpg

• Advertisement

I found this in a trade-in Fiesta today. Not exactly a "spot" but I think this is the kind of thing a lot of regulars here like to see. The application form has never been sued either

PhotoEditor-1459340029494_zpsmtkof9bs.jpg

DSC_1147_zpszzaggw2w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I found this in a trade-in Fiesta today. Not exactly a "spot" but I think this is the kind of thing a lot of regulars here like to see. The application form has never been sued either

PhotoEditor-1459340029494_zpsmtkof9bs.jpg

DSC_1147_zpszzaggw2w.jpg

That's fantastic. They were the phone to have in their day. I found one on a bus when they were very new out. I managed to track down the owner who gave me 50 quid for returning it!!! I was delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

What is that car Josip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jesus. wrote: »
    What is that car Josip?

Its a lancia beta coupe Jesus :) very early 80s model.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its a lancia beta coupe Jesus :) very early 80s model.

Is that the one they used as a Rally car?

Looks sweet :)

• Advertisement

To be honest lancia used just about everything as a rally car haha but yes they did but it wasn't around that long as the stratos was a very successful rally car at the same time it was only a works rally car for two year or so in the mid 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

It does look nice.
    Early models of the Beta had a terrible reputation for rust.
    I think Lancia spent a bit of money trying to keep their customers with that problem happy.
    I'm not sure if the rust problem was with the bodywork or chassis but the condition of this one parked in a normal spot and used every day caught my eye.
    I'd never be able to relax if I had a car like that and having to park it on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Older than me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I see a Red Audi 100 - 77 reg on a regular basis. :)

2mg5s3m.jpg

The bumper needs a shot of a blowtorch to blacken it up but body was immaculate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Don't know about the pipe coming from the roof though:rolleyes:

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Don't know about the pipe coming from the roof though:rolleyes:

Stove in the booth for the winter driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

jayo26 wrote: »
    2mg5s3m.jpg

The bumper needs a shot of a blowtorch to blacken it up but body was immaculate.

That in D4?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    That in D4?

Nope down sunny southeast.

Very clean import Toyota celsior otherwise known as the lexis ls 400 here this car was gleaming.

nehuuv.jpg

• Advertisement

Cloth seats in those Celsiors - I remember talking to someone a long time ago, and he told me that the Japanese are very fond of that in executive cars because they're quieter than leather. Thats a lovely looking example above, nice to see something like it being looked after, or on the road even!

Anyway - I saw a green Fiat Tipo in Coolock today. I was in mine, and by the time I spun around for a picture it was long gone up the road. Its one for the radar. And these from Coolock village - anyone familiar with the place will know the Golf as a long time resident along with a 91 Polo in the very same colour. Bonus clergy owned 95 Micra

DSC_1187_zpsneju5ert.jpg

DSC_1189_zpst1o3uso4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ogogo

Sorry it was dark when I saw this, dont see too many of them in one piece.

382507.jpg

382508.jpg

Coolock

DSC_1192_zpsqpalb2os.jpg

Off topic Duke but your tipo is looking swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Coolock

A permanent fixture of Summerhill spares... Very near to me you were with that pic ;)

Spot this on the way home from cavan this morning I never heard of one before but it looks like an early model subaru justy.

Its an 86 subaru 700

2vsrneq.jpg

The car directly in front of it was an immaculate 84 charade with a little set of alloys on it.

It's a Mini Jumbo!
    Great spot!
    My uncle bought one new, extraordinarily plasticky inside, had a two cylinder but ultra reliable.
    we used to try and annoy him about its engine size and performance, but he would point out every time, that Subaru built the engines for the Japanese Zero fighters.

In Killeshandra today.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    It's a Mini Jumbo!
    Great spot!
    My uncle bought one new, extraordinarily plasticky inside, had a two cylinder but ultra reliable.
    we used to try and annoy him about its engine size and performance, but he would point out every time, that Subaru built the engines for the Japanese Zero fighters.

Nice one pal. And cool story ha some people are very defensive of their car

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    In Killeshandra today.

Seen a red 91 of these today in Virginia

Advertisement