Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

franer1970 wrote: »
    The Matchbox model I had as a kid was my very favourite, so I was pretty pleased to see one too!

With the split rear side windows I think they're better looking than the original three door Cossie.

Pub quiz winner here. At the time of the Sierra introduction Ford of Germany and Ford of Britain were still entirely separate entities. The XR4i was german built and came with the spilt rear window arrangement. The cossie was a British car and came with the singe piece window. Now, there's some useless information for ye :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A few boring photos from the last few days. The beige Scudo/Expert was truly excellent, it looked very straight and the original wheel caps and all were still there. I think it must be of the first of these vans too..or were they earlier?

The hilux I thought was just very cool :Do

PhotoEditor-1464298427904_zpswfcc7m9r.jpg

DSC_1353_zps90t4row5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

franer1970 wrote: »
    The Matchbox model I had as a kid was my very favourite, so I was pretty pleased to see one too!

With the split rear side windows I think they're better looking than the original three door Cossie.

I had a treasured Matchbox one too. The Sierra was my favourite car when I was a kid. Then I became a mechanic and realised how sh1te Fords of the 80s and 90s were!:o
    Well not all of them but the bread and butter models were dirt compared to some of the rivals.

Pub quiz winner here. At the time of the Sierra introduction Ford of Germany and Ford of Britain were still entirely separate entities. The XR4i was german built and came with the spilt rear window arrangement. The cossie was a British car and came with the singe piece window. Now, there's some useless information for ye :-)

I worked for a time in Holland in the mid 90s and there was plenty of 1.3 litre 3 door Sierras there. And you thought poverty spec was just an Irish thing.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Was the 3-Door UK built?

The Saphire was built in Belgium.

Random fact, It's also possible to get a 3 Door Sierra (1988-1992 shape) Basically a Mk1 with later front/rear grafted on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

pablo128 wrote: »
    I worked for a time in Holland in the mid 90s and there was plenty of 1.3 litre 3 door Sierras there. And you thought poverty spec was just an Irish thing.:pac:

I actually felt sick thinking of a 1.3 pushrod engine hauling a Sierra body about tapping tapping away.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually felt sick thinking of a 1.3 pushrod engine hauling a Sierra body about tapping tapping away.

Lol!

Actually if my memory is right it was an ohc engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

1967 Volvo P13134 Amazon. Was behind me when driving so didn't get a pic.

These sort of vintage Volvos are fairly popular here, see enough of them around.

Also a Citroen CX20. Don't know the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Lol!

1.3 was pushrod. Pinto OHC came in 1.6 and 2.0. CVH came later.

Lol!

Definitely pushrod pal trust me ha. Great engine to work on just so noisey and terrible fuel consumption i thought. They stuck an injection unit on it then lol and used it in the fiestas up till 2002 i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Nice clean 22 year old. Belturbet, Co. Cavan

http://i.imgur.com/vIcd56L.jpg

I don't know why it shows as such a large image, Biko, and for some reason they seem to resize off their own accord after a few hours. .... ?

Anyone know if the area under the tail lights would originally have been black?

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Anyone know if the area under the tail lights would originally have been black?

Looks like they were put in afterwards...these can really rust anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Nope neither would it have been black under the bumpers..... Most common place to rot on them is under the bumpers on that panel and around the filler cap.

It looks like its had a rear panel welded in and it wasnt painted at all if you opened the boot it would be black along the boot latch panel also.

Could of had a shunt in the ass or as above they rot like mad on the back panel.

Two lovely classics in Killeshandra this morning. Love the Volvo!

lb5qxja.jpg

C6FxlUk.jpg

Great shots. The Volvo is familiar but I don't recall wherefrom! Must have been at a show

Could be heading for Donegal/Bundoran/Rossnowlagh direction. Loads of people have holiday homes or mobiles up there.
    A friend with a holiday home over there, is a friend indeed :D

When Bundoran starts to look like Benidorm you know its Summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Range Rover

• Advertisement

And a Porsche 924.

Anyone going to the classic car show at Limerick Racecourse today?

As ye know i wouldnt be into bmws that much :):)

nd4jnc.jpg
    Bmw 2002 turbo

ay9gxy.jpg
    One of the hottest cars ever made lovely m3

2vni0q8.jpg
    Stunning 635 csi was absolutely beautiful inside and out.

They were other cars too but couldnt be bothered taken pictures of ferrari and stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

recently in Greystones -

the Orange Beetle is a daily driver and I can't for the life of me think of the correct MB designation (W for saloon, C for coupe, S for estate, ?? for cabrio?)

Havent seen one of these in years my dad had one back in the 80s its a 1972 datsun cherry

2h3rnyg.jpg

6s9hsj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Bray/Greystones yesterday

Another day, another farmers 92 Corolla.
    In terms of longevity, these model Toyota must be among the most numerous 25 year old cars on the road.

The photo doesn't really pick it up but this was beige. Don't see many at all at all. And the Minor, well...

DSC_1362_zpscy5qtm3b.jpg

DSC_1357_zpslfoyiriu.jpg

And then I visited a house earlier today..a sad affair altogether. Photos from top to bottom; E30, Corsa A, E21and a few oldies

DSC_1359_zpsrmpubwpl.jpg

DSC_1358_zps9sqttt58.jpg

DSC_1360_zpshjattgpa.jpg

DSC_1361_zpscbdkiet8.jpg

:(:( poor beemers :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Some of them look fire damaged.

Advertisement