Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Local one owner from new car

IMG_3582_zps6fd3bgqz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Local one owner from new car

IMG_3582_zps6fd3bgqz.jpg

Nice to see an original Irish vintage car from 1976.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Question for toyota fans. Ive heard tell of a lad in or near Dundalk who breaks 80s and 90s toyotas. Anyone have any knowledge of him, and if so, any contact details?
    Or anyone know of ANYWHERE breaking old toyotas, or somewhere that has new old stock, or specifically anyone know of a toyota carina ii lying up? I'm stuck for a couple of parts that are gone out of production.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

pablo128 wrote: »
    I don't know where you're getting that from. Motorcheck.ie says an '82 Silver Shadow.

I'm not disputing the reg number, but its strange that it's listed as a 'Rolls Royce Bentley Silver Shadow'??

It was possible to transfer plates pre-1987, if a vehicle was scrapped or exported the plate became available for transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Question for toyota fans. Ive heard tell of a lad in or near Dundalk who breaks 80s and 90s toyotas. Anyone have any knowledge of him, and if so, any contact details?
    Or anyone know of ANYWHERE breaking old toyotas, or somewhere that has new old stock, or specifically anyone know of a toyota carina ii lying up? I'm stuck for a couple of parts that are gone out of production.

Starlet man or whatever he goes by now in offaly might have one or two. He's awkward enough deal with according to some on toc irl though.

He has adds for parts for 90's performance Toyota's on DD.

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=63831

• Advertisement

Starlet man or whatever he goes by now in offaly might have one or two. He's awkward enough deal with according to some on toc irl though.

He has adds for parts for 90's performance Toyota's on DD.

https://www.donedeal.ie/all?userId=63831

Thanks

Dublin today. The toyota is pristine;

20170106_005942.jpgupload images free

20170106_005905.jpguploadimage

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw this fella on the kylemore road.

Southside Mercs

IMG_3586_zpsu3y3z4yc.jpg

IMG_3585_zpso4rocce0.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. 89 reg, beige wonder wagon! Ballybough

image-0-02-04-1b2c4845bffd3f9a99656c736afcd55edd6b23f764db508fd4b7af85a8506867-V_1_1_zps24u8eef9.jpg

• Advertisement

A bit sportier

image-0-02-04-48b4c7be1fc6e0266f8733debf6494af49541bc171e318a370ce102ba5224fb9-V_1_zps0izuz7tq.jpg

A bit sportier

image-0-02-04-48b4c7be1fc6e0266f8733debf6494af49541bc171e318a370ce102ba5224fb9-V_1_zps0izuz7tq.jpg

Roughly 1988 I think.

Five one eight

IMAG0175_zpsskvd8noi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Splishsplash

I know there is a lad called seamie think he's donegal tho everyone used to travel to him for twincam parts 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

The neighbour's kid has got the Learner Permit, so the L plates are up on the family Corolla. Ideal learner car, three years older than the driver :D

bAqXzy5.jpg

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The neighbour's kid has got the Learner Permit, so the L plates are up on the family Corolla. Ideal learner car, three years older than the driver :D

bAqXzy5.jpg

Not often you hear of that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

^^^ someone should tell him to turn off his rear fog light (in clear conditions) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Silvera wrote: »
    ^^^ someone should tell him to turn off his rear fog light (in clear conditions) ;)

It's cool to leave it on at all times....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I know there is a lad called seamie think he's donegal tho everyone used to travel to him for twincam parts 😂

There's one or two bucks who deal nearly exclusively in carina ii's up that direction too. I don't have any more info on them unfortunately but they regularly have carina ii's on DD priced around about the 2k Mark .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

jca wrote: »
    It's cool to leave it on at all times....

No it's not! It's damn bloody annoying! The front ones fair enough!

But to be stuck behind that? Overtake at any cost :mad:

• Advertisement

I think he was being sarcastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

gammygils wrote: »
    No it's not! It's damn bloody annoying! The front ones fair enough!

But to be stuck behind that? Overtake at any cost :mad:

Oh will you lighten up for god's sake, I was joking.. Young lads think it's cool to have every possible light available turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I am getting stupid in my old age.
    Its six years older than its driver .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I am getting stupid in my old age.
    Its six years older than its driver .....

Might of just got permit at 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Seamie is in Monaghan and wouldn't really have any Carina stuff

Saw a 99 WX reg C43 AMG in Cork on Saturday night, was genuine too (glance at tax disc).

No pic unfortunately, had no phone on me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Blackpool, Cork City.

Blackpool, Cork City.
    That Merc is parked on O'Connell Street in Blackpool everyday, he uses it as his daily runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

KC161 wrote: »
    That Merc is parked on O'Connell Street in Blackpool everyday, he uses it as his daily runner.

It's running fine anyway for him.

• Advertisement

It's running fine anyway for him.

Yeah, I've seen it weekly without fail for years.

Advertisement