Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

M50, gorgeous

Yes very nice. I like the very neat rear bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Round 'O' pub in Navan today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Another one! Meath st this morning;

20170418_165554.jpgpost a picturecertificity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think I know the owner of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

San Xil

IMG_3983_zpsdunnulzd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

1978. Don't know what it is though and I'm ashamed as I'm a mechanic. Really loud and quite quick aswell.
    IMG_2327_zpsf4m8wfwj.png

NOT centre a few minutes ago. Hope it passed, spotless.

20170418_204505.jpgfree photo uploadcertificity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

1978. Don't know what it is though and I'm ashamed as I'm a mechanic. Really loud and quite quick aswell.
    IMG_2327_zpsf4m8wfwj.png

Anyone know what this is?? Fiat 126 looks like

It's a very cool looking Fiat 126 and probably an early one with chrome bumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Fiat Bambino

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

emeldc wrote: »
    Fiat Bambino

Its most likely a Polish Fiat 126p. There's tons of them over there along with parts back up and tuning bits. It looks to be a left hooker too. There's a few over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Ryath

Didn't see it in person was shared on facebook apparently was Joe Dolans!

18057196_1689377547757160_1393167316688780155_n.jpg?oh=1363ec892c3f35b455912ea4eeefb073&oe=5986CE33

18057011_1689377527757162_5953199584520934254_n.jpg?oh=a8eba1ea2caa49ac3f8e234e72ffc62e&oe=599598B2

18011032_1689377627757152_6964815879724049680_n.jpg?oh=d48af8c361bb7dc7cfaf158804602994&oe=598CBB83

Another Lidl spot today;

20170419_142933.jpgadult picture hostingcertificity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Saw that SEC being driven around Newbridge a month or two ago - eastern European chap driving it, wasn't afraid to give it the shoe either, fair rap off it even at low revs. Gorgeous car, makes my 190e look like a tramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

some recent spots

...and a few more.
    There's a bonus '94 Corolla in the ZX pic

Nice spots tc20.

That R19 is identical to mine. Also I'm sure I almost owned the orange Golf cabrio in your second last attachment (a few years ago).

There is a navy coloured Tipo that lives up the road from the 131 too.

^ @ Duke - the Golf is an uncommon colour combo, so i'd wager chances are it was your old one - i think that was on Northumberland Road yesterday. The brain is a bit wooly today, i can't remember for the life of me what plates it had, i'm fairly sure it wasn't on "year" plates, more likely either pre-87 or possibly even ZV.
    Re the R19 - i thought the saloons were the R19 Chamade, or was that just one of their 'slightly' special models like the Biarritz?
    Didn't see the Tipo near the 131, but there's often a the odd interesting youngtimer lurking around those streets/backlanes

The Golf will be an 81 ZV if I remember rightly. The seats matched the roof colour and it was automatic. I didn't actually own it but came close to cutting a deal on it.

On the Renault - the Chamade name was dropped when the phase 2 model was introduced. It was just a name a fancier name for saloon!

If the 131 pic was taken where I think it was taken, there is often another 131 and a Tempra parked on the very road. The Tipo is close by.

Saw this lovely old girl this evening, couldn't resist having a quick chat with the owner, great to see an original Kildare one still rambling the Kildare roads, in beautiful condition too :) - a real credit to its owner.

cxSxXWU.jpg

0Sm.jpg

• Advertisement

Lovely spot Cheensbo!

I do love to see an old Irish reg still going in it's home county

Btw, if you just put [/IMG] into the end image tags and change the first ones to upper case, the pics should embed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I was thumbing a lift from college and an aul farmer stopped to give me a lift in one of them, I swear to God they're the roughest yoke I ever travelled in, I was shook to bits and nearly deaf from the rattles and squeaks, there was more draughts than a student bedsit, I was never as glad to get out of a vehicle in my life(the previous nights pints didn't help the situation either)

Lovely spot Cheensbo!

I do love to see an old Irish reg still going in it's home county

Btw, if you just put [/IMG] into the end image tags and change the first ones to upper case, the pics should embed

Thanks, thought to myself -"I think Duke will like this one"

Sound for that advice - think I'd know what I'm doing by now

jca wrote: »
    I was thumbing a lift from college and an aul farmer stopped to give me a lift in one of them, I swear to God they're the roughest yoke I ever travelled in, I was shook to bits and nearly deaf from the rattles and squeaks, there was more draughts than a student bedsit, I was never as glad to get out of a vehicle in my life(the previous nights pints didn't help the situation either)

Rocked around in a few of them in outback Queensland, you'd be glad of those draughts on 40 odd degree days :) I actually thought they're a little better than series landrovers tbh, not much though, they're beautifully agricultural.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

jca wrote: »

I heard the Land Rover defender is somewhat similar all be it a newer model. They look cool but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Rocked around in a few of them in outback Queensland, you'd be glad of those draughts on 40 odd degree days :) I actually thought they're a little better than series landrovers tbh, not much though, they're beautifully agricultural.

Not so nice hungover on a freezing wet and dark December day, but I was still glad of the spin and he was a sound bloke, my obvious townie discomfort made him smile:rolleyes: It was a damn site better than standing in Ferrybank in the rapidly fading winter light, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I do frequent nawwwbridge and witewaaater occasionally, I must keep a looksee for that Land Cruiser! :)

This was a real delight

IMAG0341_zpsa6h0yqxb.jpg

IMAG0342_zpsjhpnqjot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I saw that car before near Kinsealy but never got a pic... Looks to be the same one driving it in your pics too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Ah that's class to see, same model 205 I learned to drive in :)

Advertisement