Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Was bidding on a nice Volvo 480 on eBay, and the fecker removed it before the auction ended. :(

"Item no longer available"

Fear not!

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volvo-480-es/15559243

NDliZmU2MDJiZTJlZjc5NzJmNTQwODIwNzQ4ODg2MDO70um31ar5qhYArDzdF6TVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDEzNzU5MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/152547195932

This was the one I was aiming at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I've known this car [to see] for what feels like a lifetime, and now its headed for the midlands..so it'll probably be a long while yet, if at all, when I see it again. It couldn't have gone to a better home though..the new owner has a few Tipos and a Tempra to keep it company :D

Sadly I'll be replacing it with nothing for the Summer. Doing some work abroad over the next few months so another car will most likely just end up unused like the Tipo has been. But watch this space..I'll be back behind the wheel of something cool..someday

Fair play to you I could be joining you in the something cool department too soon. We are hopefully moving house this year and will mean we need to get a second car and have persuaded the wife that the cheapest alternative is to buy an older classic car as we will only need it for small miles each week :):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fair play to you I could be joining you in the something cool department too soon. We are hopefully moving house this year and will mean we need to get a second car and have persuaded the wife that the cheapest alternative is to buy an older classic car as we will only need it for small miles each week :):)

I look forward to seeing your choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

jayo26 wrote: »

Best of luck with your plans Jay its exactly.what I do carwise and it allows me a boring daily driver and a fun to me classic that I look forward to spinning around the remainder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,261 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

95 Starlet in Tuam this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A few from around town yesterday. First one should have bought a people carrier;

20170519_170422.jpgimage free hosting

20170519_170159.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

20170520_201323.jpgfree photo upload

20170520_201351.jpgonline photo sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Skerries this afternoon .. first one I've seen..

Citroen Traction Avant .. First car with unitary body construction ( no separate frame) independent suspension and front wheel drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A few from around town yesterday. First one should have bought a people carrier;

20170519_170422.jpgimage free hosting

Lovejoy must be back in business!

noelf wrote: »
    Skerries this afternoon .. first one I've seen..

Citroen Traction Avant .. First car with unitary body construction ( no separate frame) independent suspension and front wheel drive..

Great spot. I think they are the most beautiful car ever built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's hard to get shots of moving vehicles...

Spotted in my homeland, a restored DX Corolla, with original 1984(?) Meath reg. Thought most of these rotted away! :cool:

Yes, I did filter it so you can read the reg better. Ain't I thoughtful! :)

34816204915_3e5bc76ac6_b.jpg

That is class!

The filter makes the photo look about 30 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Passed a 95-D ???? Blue Tipo around PortLaoise on Sunday, I think there was a vintage car show on in nearby Ballyroan, there was a load of oldies on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

IMG_2319.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Bejaysus me boyos there the lasht day I shtopt the caar just to take a photo of this beauty just outside the door o Doneraile paark

622.jpg

Did you fall out of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

100NX & W123 in Wicklow, don't see too many of the NX around; the W123 was in superb condition.
    C124 & (some of a)DS in Greystones recently. The C124 hasn't been NCT'd for a while but is still doing the rounds regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'd imagine the majority of older cars aren't NCT compliant. I saw a Merc the other day that was green with mould.

Howth this evening.

IMAG0403_zpslkmmkipt.jpg

IMAG0400_zpsd2ggja2p.jpg

Is that bread van electric?

Ah feck I want a CX again...

• Advertisement

Yep afaik the van is electric, like the milk floats and Swastika laundry vans of old. The other van has been there a while, I posted some photos of it before. I think its some kind of Bedford, too big to be a Ford I think.

The CX is(was) a stunner. Howth car from new. A bit down at the heel at the moment, but the owner's son was happy enough to talk about it. Did you own a CX Colm?

No. The only Citroen I ever owned was a Xsara. I go through stages of wanting a CX or even an XM

Gorgeous wine coloured 93 xm on DD.

Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Jeez, don't show that to the EV threads, it will break the internet....

Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember those bread vans (yes electric) and also the electric milk vans from Premier Dairies delivering milk in the early hours...
    Howth this evening.

IMAG0403_zpslkmmkipt.jpg

IMAG0400_zpsd2ggja2p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ I remember those bread vans doing the rounds too in the 70s..

couple of spots in Greystones yesterday evening, the Beetle is a daily driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That corrado is deadly love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Love those Corrado's also.
    Not too old, but very nice all the same. A BMW 740 in Cavan today.

IfB2TPS.jpg

• Advertisement

Thats a genuine V12 750 according to Motorcheck. I wonder if its a genuine Alpina?

Advertisement