Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche incident

Options
  • 19-10-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

When I arrived to collect my daughter I was met by a crèche worker. Whilst we were talking a little girl walked up to the crèche worker & said " I'm finished now" she was only wearing a t shirt. The crèche worker replied to the little girl " go back in there & put your pants on". The little girl went back to bathroom & returned a few seconds later wearing just a t shirt. The crèche worker then asked the little girl to "go back in there".

What do you think of this scenario?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I think it's in the wrong section of the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spiders 55

I can't seem to start a new thread from anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I think you might have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a thread. This should be in the parenting forum, I think. I'll give you a response in case it gets moved:

I think the creche worker was right in trying to get the little girl to dress herself. Perhaps undressing entirely to use the loo is a frequent issue with this child and this is how they have decided to deal with it. The creche worker may also not be allowed to go in there and dress her alone.

How do you think it should have been handled?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sounds like the little girl was using the bathroom and took her lower layer of clothing (trousers/skirt and underwear) off.

What was your take on it?

What are your thoughts on it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spiders 55

Thanks. I found the correct place for it and put it there. I was just wondering other takes on this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement