Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council fees when building a house/Architect

Options
  • 19-10-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me the council fees when building in Meath? I checked the council website and it says 16k on there but other people have said its nearer 30k. Just wondering as there's a big difference and it will seriously affect my build if I have to pay 30k just so I can build a house!

Also, does anyone know any good websites for architects in the area or can anyone recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Built a house 4 years ago in Meath.

Paid council 17k in fees.

On top of that we had to spend another 3.5k for water and ESB connections.

€3.5k for solicitors - site transfer and mortgage process.

€5k for pre planning costs - architect, site tests, planning application, OS maps etc...

You may also need another engineer to sign off on the stage payment certs if your initial architect/engineer doesn't have PI cover.

You would want to be allowing at least €30k for these non construction costs. We went through a mortgage broker who helped us and we managed to get some of these incorporated into our mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I dont remember paying for the esb to be connected

Depends on what work is required I think. Our house required 2 new telegraph poles which also impacted on our neighbours supply.

I'm almost sure ESB and eircom are legally obliged to supply premises with services without cost

Vego wrote: »
    I'm almost sure ESB and eircom are legally obliged to supply premises with services without cost

http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/single_house.jsp

• Advertisement

Your right I spoke to the boss we had to pay the ESB but not the phone line Service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭4Sticks

It depends on exactly where you are building and what you are building. See here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭enricoh

a friend of mine got permission this year (east meath) 26k to the council for permission:eek:

Advertisement