Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing infraction

Options
  • 20-10-2013 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

Folk

I've received an infraction for this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87070531#post87070531

I don't see any basis for the infraction. As I understand it, having an infraction on my record is something that might be taken in the round if some other dispute arose. Hence, I'm naturally keen to have an unwarranted infraction removed from my record.

To me, I'm afraid it simply reads like the relevant Mod used his powers to eliminate points that didn't suit his views on the topic. I've raised this with him, as stated in the guidelines, but his response is to the effect that he will stand by his decision (unless, of course, this appeal is successful.)

Similarly, I'm not going to labour the point if the appeal is unsuccessful. But I do feel the infraction should not have been applied.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Before we look into this matter, is there any further info that you deem relevant to this appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

No, I've said what I have to say on the matter. I'm back on the relevant forum, contributing to the thread, so my objective is really just to see if the unwarranted (in my view) infraction can be removed from my hitherto unblemished record.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

OK, leave it with us please.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks for your patience.

I've reviewed your posts on the thread and discussed this in some detail with the local forum moderators. Your recent posting style has been deemed as low level trolling and this has cumulatively led to the infraction in question. You state that here that the moderator "used his powers to eliminate points that didn't suit his views on the topic" when in fact he was using his post to detail where he felt you were crossing the line. Note that you had already been warned about your posting style on the forum. As a result of the above I won't be overturning your infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

You state that here that the moderator "used his powers to eliminate points that didn't suit his views on the topic" when in fact he was using his post to detail where he felt you were crossing the line.
    I'd only comment that this statement is patently not the case, as anyone who reads the post can verify for themselves. But I'm happy to let the matter of the infraction rest, as the dialogue on the specific thread has moved on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement