Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remineralized R/O

Options
  • 20-10-2013 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Get my water from lfs. Very happy with the quality. We getting a R/O system in . Just wondering what product you could recommend to remineralized after the process. Freshwater tanks with south American cichlids and heavily planted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i got this one: http://www.aquasafe.de/Reverse-Osmosis-Systems/Undercounter-Systems/AS500-7-Stage-Reverse-Osmosis-Unit::1059.html

it's got a re-mineralisation post-filter built in.

managed to get it on ebay on a quiet sunny sunday mid-afternoon on a bank holiday weekend for €115 because everyone else was out enjoying the weather and they didn't appear to have expected it to go for such a low price. ever since then they've put much higher starting bids on them! :D

i did have to get the permeate pump as well which uses the existing water pressure to hydraulically increase the pressure going to the RO membrane to increase the output. made a big difference for me as the water pressure wasn't great.

you'll also want some extra pipes and fittings so you can have it siphoning off into some bigger containers once the built in 8L one is full (as it only holds 4L of actual RO water, the rest is for pressurising the tank). you can buy bigger tanks though if you need. you can also only expect about 20-30 gallons per day max. rather than the 50GPD advertised unless you have great pressure and already very clean water.

great little system though, we primarily got it for cleaning up our tap water in general and for making up baby bottles, but it was a handy side effect that it could be used for the aquariums too. :)

Advertisement