Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky cancellation

Options
  • 20-10-2013 6:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

I've been on the phone all evening with sky customer service and have to say they are completely inept. My issue was id no contract but have been a full package customer with them for about 17 years. I was going away for about 8 weeks starting from beginning of Sept and so sent an email cancelling subscription . I received an email from them asking for more info as they couldn't find my account info. I was away at the time and didn't know my acc no but sent on all other details, i got an email saying they received my email and they'd be in touch in next 48 hours and never heard a thing. Im back now and was checking my online banking and discovered they took €109 off me in early Oct. I've been on phone this evening to 5 different reps, 2 hung up on me and the rest have just passed me around their dept. The last rep i was talking to said he was going to talk to his supervisor and would ring straight back and guess what.. not a peep. Im livid here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

just cancel your DD with Sky, They will cut you off right away.

If you have your sky viewing number give it to them. and they should cancel you with that, No doubt they will try and sell you sky half price for the year,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Open a formal complaint, you have nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

If you did not identify your account correctly I fail to see what Sky have done wrong here. In the absence of a properly formatted cancellation request they were quite entitled to collect the monthly subscriptions.

They might back down as a goodwill gesture. I wouldn't bank on it.

They accepted they were wrong. While i didn't give my account number i gave all other information that would identify my account. They accepted that they should have made further contact if the info i gave wasn't enough. They've credited my account with the money they overcharged and applied a 20% discount for the next 9 months. I haven't accepted it yet though. I said id think about it for a day or so

Advertisement