Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

• 20-10-2013 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi All
    Im looking for help as soon as posible PLEASE.I have a 8 week old cocker spaniel pup with a white blister like thing over his eye you can see picture attached.Its my father inlaws pup and he passed away two weeks ago so i dont have much experience with dogs but really want tofix the poor pup as it looks sore.Could i please get some advise on what this is and what i should do to fix the poor pup.Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Im looking for help as soon as posible PLEASE.I have a 8 week old cocker spaniel pup with a white blister like thing over his eye you can see picture attached.Its my father inlaws pup and he passed away two weeks ago so i dont have much experience with dogs but really want tofix the poor pup as it looks sore.Could i please get some advise on what this is and what i should do to fix the poor pup.Thanks for your help in advance.
    Get your locals vets emergency contact number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Firstly condolences on your bereavement .

Secondly I don't know what the pup has but it looks very nasty.

You will need to bring the dog to the vet to get this treated. Even if some one on Boards knows what it is you may need ointments or lotions to treat it and these will probably need to be got from the vets.

I suggest you bring the pup in to the vets on Monday.

Pups should only be taken away from the litter at 8 weeks so did you father in law buy the pup at 6 weeks or breed it. If the later do you have the other pups from the litter. If so keep a close on the other pups just in case the eye condition is contagious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi All

Does your vet do vet on call? I would try and get that seen to today. Make sure puppy isn't touching it with paws as it could get infected (if it's not already!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

That puppy needs to see a vet. Could be puppy strangles but hard to tell from a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭Ails76

Hi,
    Condolences on the loss of of your father in law.

Fair play to you taking on the puppy. I have to say that looks like a growth more then a blister. I agree with the others, the pup needs to see a vet ASAP. If that grows anymore, I'd fear for the pups eye. Also keep it away from other pets in case it is contagious.

Lovely pup BTW, please keep us posted. Would be interested to know what the vet said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

We took the little fellow to the Vet on Monday. She wasn't sure what it was. His sight should be better, she could see his blinking reactions were slow. She gave him an antibiotic for the 10 days and keep bathing it with salt water. It seems now to be healing a little although the size of it is still the same. It doesn't seem to be causing him any discomfort so hoping this will work and take him back again to be checked. Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement