Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NETGEAR WNA3100 barely working

Options
  • 20-10-2013 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a NETGEAR WNA3100 USB adapter for my desktop computer around three months ago. Up until this week it's been working fine.

Now, I can barely get the damn thing to work. Internet pops out every few minutes, despite the Wireless Network Connection stating that I am connected to my router and the internet. Nothing loads on my browsers, nor can I download anything. The only way to rectify this is to plug out the USB, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in, but the internet goes again after a few minutes.

USB is up to date in terms of drivers and it hasn't been mishandled or mistreated in any way since I bought it. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Did you install the full netgear software package or just the driver? I have seen problems with the genie software before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭DredFX

I installed what was on the desk (Genie software) and updated it through the disc.

I updated it about a month ago, when it was working just fine. It's only this week that the problems have started cropping up. Tried updating it again just there; no joy, still largely unusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Uninstall the Genie software and let Windows handle the Wireless configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

I had a similar but older adapter and uninstalling genie used to take the driver with it. The newest driver package for the 3100 is at http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNA3100 and there is a driver only installer included. Download that first in case the same happens with yours.

Advertisement