Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I love the RSA

• 20-10-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I was turned away from the test center there about 7 weeks ago because my restriction cert wasnt worded correctly, my license went out about 2 weeks after that but away in college i didnt renew it for another 2 weeks, sent away the form anyway with the letter from the driving tester saying the test wasnt carried out and im denied a license,

apparently:
    • Evidence that you underwent a driving test in the last two years if applying for a third or subsequent learner permit
    doesnt apply to me because i never sat a test.

I live 180 miles from my bikes and get out maybe once a month at the minute, cannot really afford another test plus rental so i guess thats me ff the road for the foreseeable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

And that's the RSA's fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

never said it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Don't give up. This is a policy designed to get people off bikes and into cars.
    You give up and you are playing straight into their master plan:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

bitburger wrote: »
    I was turned away from the test center there about 7 weeks ago because my restriction cert wasnt worded correctly, my license went out about 2 weeks after that but away in college i didnt renew it for another 2 weeks, sent away the form anyway with the letter from the driving tester saying the test wasnt carried out and im denied a license,

apparently:
    • Evidence that you underwent a driving test in the last two years if applying for a third or subsequent learner permit
    doesnt apply to me because i never sat a test.

I live 180 miles from my bikes and get out maybe once a month at the minute, cannot really afford another test plus rental so i guess thats me ff the road for the foreseeable.

That's incorrect. You need proof you have applied for another test so they can issue you a third permit. Without a permit you can't take a test.
    You can't be denied a third permit if you re-apply for your test. It will be valid for 1 year

I was trying to get another permit on the grounds of having sat and failed a driving test but because i never got the chance to take my test that rule doesnt apply

• Advertisement

bitburger wrote: »
    I was trying to get another permit on the grounds of having sat and failed a driving test but because i never got the chance to take my test that rule doesnt apply

Taken from the national driving licence service.

Evidence that you underwent a driving test in the last two years if applying for a third or subsequent learner permit

Evidence of a forthcoming driving test if applying for a third or subsequent learner permit and you have not sat a driving test in the last two years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

"Restriction cert" has to be the biggest joke in the RSA. Is there an official cert now, or is it still a letter that anyone can type up? When I did my test you just had to sign a page saying it was restricted

has to be fitted and certed by a shop now, also, if the cert is more than 2 years old you aint doing a test with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I never even got asked was my sv1 restricted when i done my test on it, lol

From RSA

"You will be asked to produce your Vehicle Registration Certificate which confirms details regarding the motorcycle you present to test with (i.e. power output in kW, engine cc, power to weight ratio, make, model, and registration number). If your motorcycle is restricted in power, you will need to bring the certificate which provides proof of compliance or restriction. This must be a certificate or on headed paper from an official source. Failure to provide this documentation at your test will mean your test will not be conducted and your fee will be forfeited."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

LOL, so you can still write your own certificate with microsoft word?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

goodlad wrote: »
    I never even got asked was my sv1 restricted when i done my test on it, lol

+1 same here haha. bit of a sweating moment that was :pac:

Come to think of it the only things he checked was my licence and my tax, not my insurance nor my log book, only asked me the make and model of my bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I sympatise with the OP. The first time I went to take my motorcycle test, they refused me test me because of road works. I was there good and early. They kept me waiting an hour to tell me they wouldn't test me. In the mean time a car driver arrived 20 minutes or so late for his test and was taken out. I had left my test till I was on my 2nd provisional, took a bit of arm twisting to get my 3rd licences because I had not undergone the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I sympatise with the OP. The first time I went to take my motorcycle test, they refused me test me because of road works. I was there good and early. They kept me waiting an hour to tell me they wouldn't test me. In the mean time a car driver arrived 20 minutes or so late for his test and was taken out. I had left my test till I was on my 2nd provisional, took a bit of arm twisting to get my 3rd licences because I had not undergone the test.
    I

IIRC if they cancelled for something not your fault they a supposed to reschedule you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I

IIRC if they cancelled for something not your fault they a supposed to reschedule you.

Anyone who took took their test prior to 19th January wouldn't have been asked to prove restriction as it was the riders signature on the form to say it was that covered the rsa. Since the changes came in proof is required that the bike comes within the requirements for the category you are doing. They still can't physically check the bike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Del2005 wrote: »
    I

Yes they did offer a reschedule which I choose to take in a different centre. I was out of pocket for the cost of hiring a bike for the test. It cost me in the region of €200 to hire it for 3 hours. Had to drive from the the city to naas. At the time to do the test the bike needed to be at least 150cc. My own pocket rocket was 125cc. They were actually very rude about it.

Advertisement